Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default 1973 6hp Evinrude Fisherman shift Handle

Hello all,

I have to replace the cast aluminum gear shift handle on my 1973 6hp
Evinrude Fisherman.

This should be a simple job. However :

1. It is not obvious how the old broken one comes off from just
looking at it.
2. The shop manual that I have does not address this at all.
3. The Expanded parts list / parts diagram that I have looks a little
different for these parts than the motor itself.

The parts list shows part 25 (303714) "screw, lever to handle". I
can't see this screw at all on the motor.

If anyone has any experience with this particular repair, please write
back.

Thanks,
Larry