Don White

Default All the excitement you can handle

Get to a channel covering the World Junior Hockey Championships from
Vancouver.
Canada and Russia have just completed the first period of the
championship game...and what a period.
Fast skating, at least a dozen big time hits , super saves etc etc
Score after 1 period
Canada 2... Russia 0

Don White

Dan Krueger wrote:
Don White wrote:

Get to a channel covering the World Junior Hockey Championships from
Vancouver.
Canada and Russia have just completed the first period of the
championship game...and what a period.
Fast skating, at least a dozen big time hits , super saves etc etc
Score after 1 period
Canada 2... Russia 0

Wrong group, Don.

Don't recall you piping up when the football thread was on-going.
Don White

Don White wrote:
Dan Krueger wrote:

Don White wrote:

Get to a channel covering the World Junior Hockey Championships from
Vancouver.
Canada and Russia have just completed the first period of the
championship game...and what a period.
Fast skating, at least a dozen big time hits , super saves etc etc
Score after 1 period
Canada 2... Russia 0

Wrong group, Don.

Don't recall you piping up when the football thread was on-going.

Ho rah! final score.. Canada 5... Russia 0
This was especially sweet because Canada was an underdog this year. Both
the American and the Russian teams were rated stronger.
note: Canada has won all ten games it played in the last two years at
the World Championships.
Bill McKee

"Don White" wrote in message
Dan Krueger wrote:
Don White wrote:

Get to a channel covering the World Junior Hockey Championships from
Vancouver.
Canada and Russia have just completed the first period of the
championship game...and what a period.
Fast skating, at least a dozen big time hits , super saves etc etc
Score after 1 period
Canada 2... Russia 0

Wrong group, Don.

Don't recall you piping up when the football thread was on-going.

Football is exciting on TV.

JimH

Default Great Rose Bowl Game

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
news

"Don White" wrote in message
Dan Krueger wrote:
Don White wrote:

Get to a channel covering the World Junior Hockey Championships from
Vancouver.
Canada and Russia have just completed the first period of the
championship game...and what a period.
Fast skating, at least a dozen big time hits , super saves etc etc
Score after 1 period
Canada 2... Russia 0

Wrong group, Don.

Don't recall you piping up when the football thread was on-going.

Football is exciting on TV.

Did you catch any of the college bowl games Bill?

I am partial to the Tostitos Bowl as OSU played.............and won.

Some folks are complaining about the officiating in the Orange and Rose
Bowls, but the call can go either way all season long.

Any picks on the Super Bowl matchups?

I predict the Bengals vs. the SeaHawks.

Bill McKee

Default Great Rose Bowl Game and boat show

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT com wrote in message

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
news

"Don White" wrote in message
Dan Krueger wrote:
Don White wrote:

Get to a channel covering the World Junior Hockey Championships from
Vancouver.
Canada and Russia have just completed the first period of the
championship game...and what a period.
Fast skating, at least a dozen big time hits , super saves etc etc
Score after 1 period
Canada 2... Russia 0

Wrong group, Don.

Don't recall you piping up when the football thread was on-going.

Football is exciting on TV.

Did you catch any of the college bowl games Bill?

I am partial to the Tostitos Bowl as OSU played.............and won.

Some folks are complaining about the officiating in the Orange and Rose
Bowls, but the call can go either way all season long.

Any picks on the Super Bowl matchups?

I predict the Bengals vs. the SeaHawks.

I caught the last of the Rose Bowl on TV, the mid part on the radio, and the
first part was a comment at the Fred Hall Sports show at the San Francisco
Cow Palace. Show opened yesterday. The nice thing about the bowl game is
it reduced the crowds later in the day. I was rooting for USC for a couple
of reasons. Number 1, they are not from Texas, and 2nd a friend is a
graduate of the University of Spoiled Children. And since I went to school
with OJ, yup that OJ, at City College of San Francisco, when he could not
pass the SAT and had to do some Junior College time, I have followed USC. I
went to CCSF as I was a working student, paying my own way, and after
breaking my back in 1963, could not play football. Also was slow footed.

Reggie Smithers

Damn, what is wrong with the world when Canada beats Russia and the US of A.

--
************************************************** ************************
If you would like to make rec.boats an enjoyable place to discuss

"Don White" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
Dan Krueger wrote:

Don White wrote:

Get to a channel covering the World Junior Hockey Championships from
Vancouver.
Canada and Russia have just completed the first period of the
championship game...and what a period.
Fast skating, at least a dozen big time hits , super saves etc etc
Score after 1 period
Canada 2... Russia 0

Wrong group, Don.

Don't recall you piping up when the football thread was on-going.

Ho rah! final score.. Canada 5... Russia 0
This was especially sweet because Canada was an underdog this year. Both
the American and the Russian teams were rated stronger.
note: Canada has won all ten games it played in the last two years at the
World Championships.

Reggie Smithers

Hockey has had a hard time capturing the excitement on TV, but their is no
sport as exciting as Hockey live. Especially if you are close to the rink.

Even my wife, who hates sports liked Hockey.

--
If you would like to make rec.boats an enjoyable place to discuss
boating, please do not respond to the political and inflammatory
off- topic posts and flames.

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
news

Reggie Smithers wrote:
Damn, what is wrong with the world when Canada beats Russia and the US of A.

Get used to it!