HK HK is offline

Default Parker's New 34-Footer

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ew34parker.jpg

Still a prototype, and equipped with twin 350-hp Yamahas.

Spec's include:

400 gallons of fuel
11'9" beam
6'7" headroom centerline cabin
45 gallons +/- fresh water
Stand-up shower/head and sink
50's top speed
Mid 30's cruise
Mid-berth
Forward berth
Cabin berth
Fridge/Freezer/Micro
Tuna door in transom

Not a boat I'd want with outboards, and I'm not that serious a fisherman
to run this sort of boat, but...I'll be glad to hitch a ride on one when
it shows up at my local dealer's!

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 21:39:34 -0400, HK wrote:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ew34parker.jpg

Still a prototype, and equipped with twin 350-hp Yamahas.

Spec's include:

400 gallons of fuel
11'9" beam
6'7" headroom centerline cabin
45 gallons +/- fresh water
Stand-up shower/head and sink
50's top speed
Mid 30's cruise
Mid-berth
Forward berth
Cabin berth
Fridge/Freezer/Micro
Tuna door in transom

Not a boat I'd want with outboards, and I'm not that serious a fisherman
to run this sort of boat, but...I'll be glad to hitch a ride on one when
it shows up at my local dealer's!

Great tender for those with a proper yacht.

HK HK is offline

Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 21:39:34 -0400, HK wrote:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ew34parker.jpg

Still a prototype, and equipped with twin 350-hp Yamahas.

Spec's include:

400 gallons of fuel
11'9" beam
6'7" headroom centerline cabin
45 gallons +/- fresh water
Stand-up shower/head and sink
50's top speed
Mid 30's cruise
Mid-berth
Forward berth
Cabin berth
Fridge/Freezer/Micro
Tuna door in transom

Not a boat I'd want with outboards, and I'm not that serious a fisherman
to run this sort of boat, but...I'll be glad to hitch a ride on one when
it shows up at my local dealer's!

Great tender for those with a proper yacht.

Well, if you ever own a proper yacht, you might consider one, hey?
Tim Tim is offline

On Jul 23, 8:39 pm, HK wrote:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ew34parker.jpg

Still a prototype, and equipped with twin 350-hp Yamahas.

Spec's include:

400 gallons of fuel
11'9" beam
6'7" headroom centerline cabin
45 gallons +/- fresh water
Stand-up shower/head and sink
50's top speed
Mid 30's cruise
Mid-berth
Forward berth
Cabin berth
Fridge/Freezer/Micro
Tuna door in transom

Not a boat I'd want with outboards, and I'm not that serious a fisherman
to run this sort of boat, but...I'll be glad to hitch a ride on one when
it shows up at my local dealer's!

That is truly nice, I would suppose but in the gulf waters or even the
lower eastern seas, how would you get any ventilation in that cabin ,
I would think that even with the windows open it would, or at least
could get quite stuffy in there. I didn't really look at the spec's
really well but does it have an OB generator and air conditioning?
HK HK is offline

Tim wrote:
On Jul 23, 8:39 pm, HK wrote:
[...]

Haven't seen complete specs, but I suspect there is room for a genny and
there is an a/c option for those who want it. The cabin front and side
windows open and back window (I'm guessing on that one) open.

Jim Jim is offline

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 21:39:34 -0400, HK wrote:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ew34parker.jpg

Still a prototype, and equipped with twin 350-hp Yamahas.

Spec's include:

400 gallons of fuel
11'9" beam
6'7" headroom centerline cabin
45 gallons +/- fresh water
Stand-up shower/head and sink
50's top speed
Mid 30's cruise
Mid-berth
Forward berth
Cabin berth
Fridge/Freezer/Micro
Tuna door in transom

Not a boat I'd want with outboards, and I'm not that serious a fisherman
to run this sort of boat, but...I'll be glad to hitch a ride on one when
it shows up at my local dealer's!

Great tender for those with a proper yacht.

Wayne. That boat is a bit heavy and large to be a tender for your boat.
However, if you like Parkers with a self bailing cockpit and a surrey top
(not sure weather the fringe option has been added yet), there's a little 20
foot, extremely light use, often waxed and fondled, well photographed one
that may be coming available soon. His wife won't go out with him anymore
because of his grouchiness. And she refuses to use the head in a suitcase he
gave her for their ninth anniversary. His closest friend lives in Ohio and
refuses to come down and be a guest on his boat due to quote "imperfect
weather, dangerous ripples, and bad company". He can't stand to be alone
with himself, so I think it's the right time for him to sell.
I forget the fellows name but he posts here once in a while and I suspect he
will be posting here more frequently since he has had a falling out with the
moderator of the other boating chat room he visits. His vocabulary consists
of mostly four letter words, so he'll be easy to spot.
Ask him about the boat next time he shows up. I heard it's a pig on gas
because the boat is underpowered and struggles to get on plane. But for use
as a tender, the power issue shouldn't matter.

"HK" wrote in message
Tim wrote:
On Jul 23, 8:39 pm, HK wrote:
[...]

Seems Parker has "softened" the design shape by rounding out windows and
doors getting away from that traditional Parker box on a box look. Looks
good.

The hull still seems boxy and a bit slab sided to me though.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Tim wrote:
On Jul 23, 8:39 pm, HK wrote:
[...]

I'm sure it is still boxy and slab sided...that's part of Parker's
"retro" charm to those who like the boats...the complete opposite of
"bubble" boats! :)
Jim Jim is offline

"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Tim wrote:
On Jul 23, 8:39 pm, HK wrote:
[...]

Parkers are in a class of their own. If there is anything "Retro" about them
it's the fact that they resemble those awful plywood kit boats from the 50s
and sixties. Best thing about Parker is the Monkey Puke Beige color that is
their trademark.

HK HK is offline

Jim wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Tim wrote:
On Jul 23, 8:39 pm, HK wrote:
[...]

How's that clapped out old Wellcraft of yours, fella? Is it still
visible in the land fill?

E POD for a 30 footer John W. Bienko ASA 1 February 13th 08 03:33 PM
For the guy wondering about going offshore in his 25-footer Chuck Gould General 0 February 16th 07 06:48 PM
A good looking 35 footer rgnmstr ASA 21 December 17th 05 05:51 PM
26 footer recommendations Wayne.B General 14 October 31st 04 11:59 AM
FS: 30 Footer in NY SAIL LOCO Marketplace 10 September 26th 03 02:00 AM