posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

Default A good looking 35 footer

No swim platform but one handsome 35 footer. This new boat is going to
do well.

http://www.x-yachts.com/press/X-35/X...o_gallery.html

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Looks like a lot of other current go fast stuff. Most people see a boat
like that and think "speed." Not that they are "good looking." The
X-Yacht has positively no sweetness at all, cold and stark. On the
other hands.....These are good looking boats:

http://www.seacoastmarine.com/37Tartan69mooring.jpg
http://www.marineservices.it/immagin...nston_img1.jpg
http://www.marsbrookboating.com/Comp...tmanext290.jpg

You either have an eye for these things, as I do, or you're like Sloco,
scampering after me-too boats like the X-Yacht 35.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

The only thing you have an eye for is under age skanks.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

The only thing you have an eye for is under age skanks.

And here are the ladies Sloco calls "Skanks" and underaged.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/al1.jpg
Girl is the middle is an Acheologist. Next to her is a costume designer
from Spiderman and many others.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/al2.jpg
Elizabeth is an art dealer in NY and long time J-24 owner

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/me%26s.jpg
Me and Sara...hey she just appeared in a few scenes of War of the
Worlds and is now shooting her own film in China!

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/lizmaggs3.jpg
Maggie on the right, composer, currently completing a series of flute
solos for Met Museum exhibitions.

So the question is....Where are ANY pics of ANY women sailing with
Sloco on ANY boat?
You won't see 'em because they never happened....and never will. Sloco,
like most failures, sails alone or with other guys. No wonder upgrading
his Depress 30 doesn't seem worth it.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

rgnmstr wrote:
No swim platform but one handsome 35 footer. This new boat is going to
do well.

http://www.x-yachts.com/press/X-35/X...o_gallery.html

That does look pretty nice. It looks a bit more
user-friendly than the Sydney 36, the keel looks fancier. I
wonder what the drag & stall characteristics are. The
numbers make it look like a good light-air boat, while all
the X-yacht series are fully intended to handle the North
Sea also. I'd like to sail one.

It's heavier than the J-105 (can't help but be roomier,
too). A bit lighter & more modern shape than the Schock 35;
also with a longer waterline and bigger rig than either.
Interesting boat.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

It's heavier than the J-105 (can't help but be roomier,
too). A bit lighter & more modern shape than the Schock 35;

Holy bee jesus. Do ya tink?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

On 15 Dec 2005 21:44:48 -0800, "rgnmstr" wrote:

No swim platform but one handsome 35 footer. This new boat is going to
do well.

Not in my home sailing area it won't. It will go real fast between
the sand bars it will fetch up on. And if I want to anchor at the
Horn Island horseshoe or Smugglers Cove on Cat Island I'll have to
stay about two miles offshore.

Frank

http://www.x-yachts.com/press/X-35/X...o_gallery.html

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Not in my home sailing area it won't. It will go real fast between
the sand bars it will fetch up on. And if I want to anchor at the
Horn Island horseshoe or Smugglers Cove on Cat Island I'll have to
stay about two miles offshore.

Yup. Looks to draw 7+. Forget it.
And no swim platform and a cabin that looks the same size as my C&C 32.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Frank Boettcher wrote:
Not in my home sailing area it won't. It will go real fast between
the sand bars it will fetch up on. And if I want to anchor at the
Horn Island horseshoe or Smugglers Cove on Cat Island I'll have to
stay about two miles offshore.

And a performance boat like this is unlikely to offer a real
shoal-draft option. Oh well.

You could get something more like this
http://huberman.org/sailboat/

In fact, this kind of foil set-up looks great to me. The
bulb puts the weight down the lowest without the
complications of a wing, and the ability to crank it up for
anchoring or even beaching. The downsides are maintenance to
the lifting gear, loss of interior volume to the trunk.

"Capt" Rob wrote:
Yup. Looks to draw 7+.

Hey dumb bell, did it occur to you that they might publish
the specs of the boat? You can see what the draft actually
is, as opposed to what it "looks to draw."

Bubbles, you're nuts.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

You can see what the draft actually
is, as opposed to what it "looks to draw."

Conversational English yet another missed study area for you? She does
in fact draw just over 7 feet at 7.05, but do you think it would be
"just fine" if it was only 6'10??? My phrasing was all that was
required in the context of the comment. She's got too much draft for a
lot of folks.
And you're now looking even dumber! Good work!

RB
35s5
NY

The Trolling Stops HERE Capt. Rob ASA 30 October 27th 05 09:11 PM
Who would be upset at a cartoon of Thor? Doug Freyburger ASA 0 October 19th 05 10:21 PM
bertie the bunyip versus bob wald Limey ASA 0 October 13th 05 04:26 PM