RPS RPS is offline

Default Ping Tom - A boating horse

Here is a photo I took of a horse who loved boating.

I would love to hear your comments.

http://tinyurl.com/B-W-Study

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:04:08 -0400, RPS wrote:

Here is a photo I took of a horse who loved boating.

I would love to hear your comments.

http://tinyurl.com/B-W-Study

I really like all three of them, but the first one is a little darker
than I would like to see. It seems very contrasty, but the effect is
ethereal in a sense. I think if you grayed up the black a touch it
might be better.

Over all, I like the third image as the best of the three - nice
balance and a fairly neutral gray scale - the detail is perfect and
you capture a sense of strength and grace of the animal. It also
shows off the fine detail of the neck hair which is impressive - a
little more than the other two in particular with that figured
background.

I'd say one and three - the middle image is just so-so - seems like a
compromise.

Just for yucks, revist the original image and tinker with the
histogram a little - maybe reduce the background a touch with the
first two images.

You know what would be really cool would be to do a graduated montage
from one to the third - I think a panoramic view with a little
tinkering would be impressive.
RPS RPS is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
[...]

I agree with you. The 3rd image is the one i sent in to get developed.
I sent it to a professional developer and I had them do a test run on a
8x10 to see how it would look. The photo had so many layers in
Photoshop The histogram was played with multiple times, to darken and
highlight different parts of the photo. (I think it was about 12-15
different layers, playing with the histogram, curves, exposure and
contrast, all with masking effects). The developers tell me it can
cause havoc with their ROS system. They recommended using a test print
anytime you use layers and masks.

The real pros will pay $25 to go in and help set up the image before
they print it. I think my $5 test run is a better option for me.

As far as your suggestion, it is a good one, and I might just tackle that.

On Jul 23, 2:27*pm, RPS wrote:
[...]

As far as your suggestion, it is a good one, and I might just tackle that..- Hide quoted text -

Harry could have done all of that in a matter of minutes, just ask him.
RPS RPS is offline

wrote:
On Jul 23, 2:27 pm, RPS wrote:
[...]

Well I am just a rookie amateur trying to learn a new hobby. Harry has
been doing photography for many years, and is considered by many to be
the next Charles C. Ebbets . I have seen some of his Harry's
photographic work, so it gives me something to strive for. Who can
forget the photos of his hour meter, or the boat on the trailer with the
gravel and weeds growing around it. My personal favorite was the one of
his new driveway.

I think one reason I enjoy photography is have NEVER done any kind of
art, so it is a completely new experience. They say learning new skills
will keep your mind young and reduce the incidence of Alzheimer. I
figure if I can enjoy myself when keeping my mind young, I still come
out ahead, even if people think my artwork sucks.

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:22:40 -0400, RPS wrote:

They say learning new skills will keep your mind young and reduce
the incidence of Alzheimer.

Absouitely true.

What were we talking aboiut?

Who are you again?

I figure if I can enjoy myself when keeping my mind young, I still
come out ahead, even if people think my artwork sucks.

You are getting better and you started at a high level.
DK DK is offline

RPS wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 23, 2:27 pm, RPS wrote:
[...]

Don't forget his "office" with the $29.00 chair that was previously
advertised as a completely different chair that would go for $700 or so.
Or the printer/fax, whatever, with the WalMart sticker on it. WAFA
is so pathetic that it's comical.
HK HK is offline

RPS wrote:

Here is a photo I took of a horse who loved boating.

I would love to hear your comments.

http://tinyurl.com/B-W-Study

It seems appropriate the newsgroup's leading horse's ass would be out
taking barely distinguishable photos of a horse's front.

Yousuf Karsh's reputation is secure.

Keep your day job at the Snark Farm.

On Jul 23, 9:44*am, HK wrote:
RPS wrote:

Here is a photo I took of a horse who loved boating.

I would love to hear your comments.

http://tinyurl.com/B-W-Study

It seems appropriate the newsgroup's leading horse's ass would be out
taking barely distinguishable photos of a horse's front.

Yousuf Karsh's reputation is secure.

Keep your day job at the Snark Farm.

Wow, that is SO cultured and refined! Your photographic and artistic
editorial above proves that without a doubt.
DK DK is offline

wrote:
On Jul 23, 9:44 am, HK wrote:
RPS wrote:

Here is a photo I took of a horse who loved boating.
I would love to hear your comments.
http://tinyurl.com/B-W-Study
It seems appropriate the newsgroup's leading horse's ass would be out
taking barely distinguishable photos of a horse's front.

Yousuf Karsh's reputation is secure.

Keep your day job at the Snark Farm.

Wow, that is SO cultured and refined! Your photographic and artistic
editorial above proves that without a doubt.

WAFA has spoken. He simply has no more to offer.

75 horse Evinrude on a 17 ft Glastron Jim Swope jr General 5 May 28th 08 06:36 AM
75 horse evinrude on a 17 ft glastron Jim Swope jr General 6 May 19th 08 09:47 PM
Getting back on the horse again mr.b Cruising 2 February 8th 07 10:06 PM
Hobby Horse? Gordon Cruising 19 December 17th 06 10:28 AM
Winning Horse...bet on Joe! Capt. Rob ASA 0 July 12th 06 01:16 AM