SLM SLM is offline

Default alumiumn jon boat cleaner

I need help with cleaning my dirty and swamp water stained aluminum jon
boat.........any suggestions on what I might use??.......thanks......

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:53:51 -0400, "SLM" wrote:

I need help with cleaning my dirty and swamp water stained aluminum jon
boat.........any suggestions on what I might use??.......thanks......

I used this stuff on my Princecraft when I spent a couple of days on a
tannin stained lake. Worked great - Don White now ownes it and he can
tell you what the hull looked like.

http://www.barkeepersfriend.com/

I've also used Boraxo which worked very well with a wet terry cloth.

http://www.boraxo.com/

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:53:51 -0400, "SLM" wrote:

I need help with cleaning my dirty and swamp water stained aluminum jon
boat.........any suggestions on what I might use??.......thanks......

I used this stuff on my Princecraft when I spent a couple of days on a
tannin stained lake. Worked great - Don White now ownes it and he can
tell you what the hull looked like.

http://www.barkeepersfriend.com/

I've also used Boraxo which worked very well with a wet terry cloth.

http://www.boraxo.com/

It shone like a brand new toonie....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n/HPIM0692.jpg

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:53:51 -0400, "SLM" wrote:

I need help with cleaning my dirty and swamp water stained aluminum jon
boat.........any suggestions on what I might use??.......thanks......

Some hardware stores carry oxalic acid, in powder form, in a box, about one
pound, for about $6. A couple tablespoons in a gallon of water will clean
tannin stains. One box will last a long, long time. I use a small spray
bottle to spray the solution on the stain. It wipes right off.

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:55:18 -0300, "Don White"

.. .
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:53:51 -0400, "SLM" wrote:

I need help with cleaning my dirty and swamp water stained aluminum jon
boat.........any suggestions on what I might use??.......thanks......

I used this stuff on my Princecraft when I spent a couple of days on a
tannin stained lake. Worked great - Don White now ownes it and he can
tell you what the hull looked like.

http://www.barkeepersfriend.com/

I've also used Boraxo which worked very well with a wet terry cloth.

http://www.boraxo.com/

It shone like a brand new toonie....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n/HPIM0692.jpg

Damn - that's a good looking boat. :)

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:55:18 -0300, "Don White"

. ..
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:53:51 -0400, "SLM" wrote:

I need help with cleaning my dirty and swamp water stained aluminum jon
boat.........any suggestions on what I might use??.......thanks......

I used this stuff on my Princecraft when I spent a couple of days on a
tannin stained lake. Worked great - Don White now ownes it and he can
tell you what the hull looked like.

http://www.barkeepersfriend.com/

I've also used Boraxo which worked very well with a wet terry cloth.

http://www.boraxo.com/

It shone like a brand new toonie....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n/HPIM0692.jpg

Damn - that's a good looking boat. :)

Between that boat and the Springer Spaniel, I have to beat the wimmin off!
;-)

Jim Jim is offline

"Don White" wrote in message

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:55:18 -0300, "Don White"

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:53:51 -0400, "SLM" wrote:

I need help with cleaning my dirty and swamp water stained aluminum jon
boat.........any suggestions on what I might use??.......thanks......

I used this stuff on my Princecraft when I spent a couple of days on a
tannin stained lake. Worked great - Don White now ownes it and he can
tell you what the hull looked like.

http://www.barkeepersfriend.com/

I've also used Boraxo which worked very well with a wet terry cloth.

http://www.boraxo.com/

It shone like a brand new toonie....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n/HPIM0692.jpg

Damn - that's a good looking boat. :)

Between that boat and the Springer Spaniel, I have to beat the wimmin off!
;-)

I'll bet you do.

Wafa should take note of what a reasonable transom cutout looks like on a
small boat.

DK DK is offline

Jim wrote:

[...]

It ain't the "wimmin" he's beating off.

"DK" wrote in message

It ain't the "wimmin" he's beating off.

What a loser...new poster starts thread with sensible question and Dingy
Dans' post tosses everything into the cesspool.

Whats the best Cleaner for a fiberglass Boat Deck ? Dave in Lake Villa General 1 April 9th 07 05:08 PM
Bilge cleaner Gogarty Cruising 8 May 13th 06 11:13 AM
carb cleaner? RB General 5 March 25th 04 06:47 PM
Good boat vinyl cleaner Joseph A. Rich General 3 August 7th 03 12:57 AM