Joseph A. Rich

Default Good boat vinyl cleaner

My otherwise clean boat is beginning to show some dingy spots on the white
vinyl seats and cushions. I have used vinyl reconditioners religiously for
the past year, but now want to whiten things back up. Any suggestions for a
cleaner that really works? Is softscrub too abrasive? Also, I have heard
good and bad about using Armour All - any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for any/all suggestions.

Regards,
Joe
DSK

"Joseph A. Rich" wrote:

My otherwise clean boat is beginning to show some dingy spots on the white
vinyl seats and cushions. I have used vinyl reconditioners religiously for
the past year, but now want to whiten things back up. Any suggestions for a
cleaner that really works?

Oxi Clean.

Is softscrub too abrasive?

Depends on how much and how vigorously you use it. Remember that your cushions
aren't going to last forever no matter what you do.

Also, I have heard
good and bad about using Armour All - any thoughts on this?

Bad? I like using Armor All. It's not a miracle treatment, but it works.

DSK

Joseph A. Rich

Thanks for the tip on Oxi Clean. I'll give it a try.
What I had heard about Armor All is that over time it will tend to dry out the
vinyl. I have used it and like it (along with other vinyl protectorants too).

Regards,
Joe

In article , DSK
wrote:
"Joseph A. Rich" wrote:

My otherwise clean boat is beginning to show some dingy spots on the white
vinyl seats and cushions. I have used vinyl reconditioners religiously for
the past year, but now want to whiten things back up. Any suggestions for a
cleaner that really works?

Oxi Clean.

Is softscrub too abrasive?

Depends on how much and how vigorously you use it. Remember that your cushions
aren't going to last forever no matter what you do.

Also, I have heard
good and bad about using Armour All - any thoughts on this?

Bad? I like using Armor All. It's not a miracle treatment, but it works.

DSK

RG

"Joseph A. Rich" wrote in message
My otherwise clean boat is beginning to show some dingy spots on the white
vinyl seats and cushions. I have used vinyl reconditioners religiously

for
the past year, but now want to whiten things back up. Any suggestions for

cleaner that really works? Is softscrub too abrasive? Also, I have heard
good and bad about using Armour All - any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for any/all suggestions.

Many of the vinyl manufacturers recommend Fantastik to clean their products.
Armor All is not recommended as a protectant for vinyl. It contains
alcohol, which can damage the plasticizers in vinyl. A much better
protectant for vinyl is:

http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=protectant