Jim Jim is offline

Default Ping: SW Tom

"HK" wrote in message
John H. wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 08:24:11 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
John H. wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 07:30:37 -0400, HK
wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:19:36 -0400, HK
wrote:

Well, then, I go back to my original post on this to you...that
as a boating newsgroup, this place is lost, and that I show up
mainly to watch the aberrant behavior of the seven dwarfs and
(as you mentioned) to crap on one of their heads from time to
time.

None of the seven, so far as I can tell, has the slightest
interest in boating related subjects or, if they do, they seem
incapable of making any but the most empty headed of posts
(e.g., I took my kid wakeboarding yesterday, or, I took my 93
grandchildren on a cruise).

So...

Harry, your statement, "I show up mainly to watch aberrant
behavior...", is
belied by the sheer quantity of attack posts you make here.

I am willing to make you a deal. I will make no posts on Chuck's
Island if
you make no more than one more post here, in answer to this one.

Look what you'd have to gain!
Deal.

Not that you had anything to add, boating-wise, there or here.
D'oh...there he goes again.

That's what I did, braindead...I made one more post "here," in
answer to your "deal." I interpreted "here" to mean the thread in
which you offered your deal, and nothing more than that. Perhaps if
your language skills were better, you would have worded your deal
more clearly.

Move on, braindead...you're getting nowhere with this one.

Where are your fellow dwarfs...I'm sure they'll take your side and
make you feel better.
Bull****.

You've shown what your word is worth, Harry.

Sure, John. As if your worthless offer would be some sort of real
incentive to me, beyond that thread itself. But, hey, you believe
whatever your peabrain tells you. What you think, feel or do here or
elsewhere doesn't matter to me. You're just one of the dwarfs.

BTW, you ever take that new boat of yours out on the Bay? Maybe you
can tow it behind your new camper.

This is comical. John got you in a "gotcha". Give him the victory
and move on.
There will be many more schoolyard recess debates to be won, of that I
am sure.

Eisboch
No, he doesn't. I presumed he was referring to the thread at hand. He
offered no incentive that was worth anything to me. Now, if he promised
to propel himself on his motorcycle into a bridge abutment at 90 mph.
well *that* would have been something to consider.

No comment.
Right now I am going down to the BOAT to change a circuit breaker that
I ordered and arrived yesterday.
Remember BOATS? They float in water and usually provide a great deal
of pleasure and relaxation.

Eisboch

And I'm taking my brand new travel trailer back to the dealer because the
electric brakes aren't working. Fun times for everyone.

After that, take a nice, long trip. The Sonora Desert would be nice.

WAFA. No one appreciates your warped sense of humor except maybe your two
little boyfriends. Entertain them via Email and spare us the viewing of your
sick crap.

Jim Jim is offline

wrote in message
On Jul 15, 8:58 am, wrote:
On Jul 15, 7:20 am, "Jim" wrote:

"HK" wrote in message

John H. wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:19:36 -0400, HK
wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:05:58 -0400, HK
wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
news:nYudnZFj4sA17ebVnZ2dnUVZ_u2dnZ2d@comc ast.com...

Most of what you fellows do, 24-7, is either fling juvenile
insults, discuss subjects that have nothing to do with any
aspect
or boating, or act like idiots.

Because of you and your dwarfs, I simply gave up on this place
as
a forum for boating discussions, and I freely admit I show up
mainly to watch the aberrant behavior of you and your buddies.

If all you did was "watch", a good chunk of the problem would
go
away. You don't "watch". You (and others) pounce upon certain
individuals regardless of the subject of their posts or to whom
they are addressed.

The only way to restore rec.boats to something other than a
personal insult free-for-all would be for everybody to retire
the
past, forget about old issues and conflicts, and post as if all
were meeting for the first time. Problem is, it would require
100%
participation and that just isn't going to happen.

Eisboch

tell you what, Richard, as an old Westvillian to an aging
Amityite,
you work assiduously on getting the seven dwarfs to behave and
I'll
work on the rest.

how's that?

No thanks. It would be like trying to solve a Catch-22.

*I* can't fix it. *You* can't fix it. But if all the
participants were seriously motivated and committed to reviving
rec.boats to it's former glory, it can be done by simply
resisting
the urge to post idiotic claims/counterclaims.

It can't be "my" rules .... "your" rules or anybody else's
"rules".

Eisboch

[...]

What are you trying to prove with these repetitive regurgitations of
yours, Herring? That you still don't have anything to add?

You've proved that.

Stick to what you know...posting photos of your cloned grandchildren,
your
diaperboat cruises, and your requests for golfing partners.

What he has proved with your help is that you are not a man of your
word.
John has kept his part of the agreement as an honorable person would do.
You, however, have shown us again that your word is worthless. Add to
that
your compulsive lying and fabrication and you have the ingredients of
WAFA.
Also known as Harry Krause.- Hide quoted text -

He's never been a man of his word. He's posted more lies here than one
can imagine! He's fabricated posts, and now his girlfriend JimH
actually believes Harry's fake email to Parker!!!!!- Hide quoted text -

What I don't understand is why you, my friend Tom, Dick, and two or
three others even address this issue again and again. If you just stop
talking to him, and about him, he will go nuts like last time everyone
did it. He posted 50 unanswered attack posts in one 24 hour period..
Tom, and Dick weren't here to see how great it worked, almost shut him
up... but you saw it, then you broke and the others followed. Too bad,
we had a lot of old faces coming back in for a couple of weeks there,
now they are lurking again.. sigh...

I'll try to ignore them but I won't make any promises. The stooges will
taunt and tease you till you talk to them, but I know it's best to ignore
them, so I'll give it a shot.

wrote in message

What I don't understand is why you, my friend Tom, Dick, and two or
three others even address this issue again and again. If you just stop
talking to him, and about him, he will go nuts like last time everyone
did it. He posted 50 unanswered attack posts in one 24 hour period..
Tom, and Dick weren't here to see how great it worked, almost shut him
up... but you saw it, then you broke and the others followed. Too bad,
we had a lot of old faces coming back in for a couple of weeks there,
now they are lurking again.. sigh...

---------------------

Kinda funny to think about .... "Every Tom, Dick and Harry" ....

oh well. Circuit breaker is replaced. Boat now has safe, protected power
to both 30 amp services.
A/C is humming. Beer is cooling in the fridge. Pickin' on the guitar.
Life is good.

Eisboch

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 08:24:11 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

No comment.
Right now I am going down to the BOAT to change a circuit breaker that I
ordered and arrived yesterday.
Remember BOATS? They float in water and usually provide a great deal of
pleasure and relaxation.

You mean a hole in the water surrounded by some sort of restraint like
wood, fiberglass or other material into which one pours money which
never seems to fill the hole up?

Oh yeah - got one of those. :)

I'm waiting on my trailer at the moment - they had to replace one
entire set of spingles and backing plates. Don't know what happened,
but something did all pitted and rusted. I had both assemblys changed
- springs, brackets, backing plates, calipers, rotors, spindles - I
don't think there is one old part in either the suspension or braking
system. :)

Should be good for another eight years.

I'm waiting on my trailer at the moment - they had to replace one
entire set of spingles and backing plates. Don't know what happened,
but something did all pitted and rusted. I had both assemblys changed
- springs, brackets, backing plates, calipers, rotors, spindles - I
don't think there is one old part in either the suspension or braking
system. :)

Should be good for another eight years.

Years ago I had an old '82 Century Express something. This was the boat
that enabled Jim to retire in Florida. Anyway, it had an old, galvi tandeum
axle trailer that was in rough shape. I kept the boat in a slip, so the
trailer got little use, but every spring and fall I worried about it.

Sold (basically "gave") both to my brother. Now, my brother is famous for
his cheapne.... ah, call it "fugal" nature. When I gave him the boat I
warned him that the trailer really needed some work, or should be replaced.
It was so bad that when the boat was on it, the tires were at a 15 degree
angle inward.

But, he used it "as is" for another 2 or 3 years.

He finally sold both boat and trailer. The buyer gave him the money, hooked
the boat/trailer up to his truck, got less than a mile down the road and the
whole trailer suspension system collapsed, wheels and tires flattened
against the road and springs, mounts, bolts, etc. went bouncing down the
street.

Eisboch

"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:

wrote:

[...]

After that, take a nice, long trip. The Sonora Desert would be nice.- Hide quoted text -

I've actually been there, while I'd guess you haven't. It's a great
place to vacation.

"HK" wrote in message
Jim wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I wonder what it would take to bribe JohnnyH to include Fartin' Jim on that
trip?

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:13:07 -0400, "Eisboch"

.. .

[...]

That's classic.

Whoops. :)

Speaking of cheap brothers, out of curiosity, older or younger than
you?

My brother is as cheap as the day is long - younger by the way.

This guy can squeeze a penny into a buck - I swear.

Speaking of cheap brothers, out of curiosity, older or younger than
you?

My brother is as cheap as the day is long - younger by the way.

This guy can squeeze a penny into a buck - I swear.

He's five years younger and looks 2 years older. Worries about money too
much.

Bob's a great guy and puts up with our teasing of his penny-pinching ways
most of the time.
We have lots of funny stories about him blowing the moths out of his wallet.

Speaking of wallets .... I am still trying to come up with a name for the
new (old) boat.
Originally, I was going to call it "Sir Sam", a name I thought of when I was
looking at a fast trawler (Sabreline), but the name just doesn't fit the
boat I ended up with (Mainship).

I have removed the old name from the transom and quarterboards, but have
drawn a blank on the new name. Mrs. E. came up with a combination of my
daughter and her name, but again, it just doesn't fit the boat. I am
looking for something unique ... not serious .... humorous if possible, and
not something with deep, hidden meaning.

Was thinking of: "M.T. Wallet" or "M.T. Pockets (in honor of current
fuel prices)

"No Vacancy" was suggested by my daughter.

I was considering, "Moby's Dick" ..... but that idea was vetoed immediately
by Mrs.E.

Still scratching my head. Unfortunately, the USCG Documentation was
applied for with the "Sir Sam" name. It still has not arrived (they are
running behind, I am told). Once I get it, I'll have to apply for a name
change.

Eisboch

Ping: Tom Tim General 3 November 18th 06 01:04 PM
Ping RCE Dan Krueger General 5 June 14th 06 01:45 AM
OT--PING...DSK DSK General 3 November 18th 04 12:14 AM
PING Bob Capt. Mooron ASA 6 October 28th 03 10:45 PM