Default Ping: SW Tom

"DK" wrote in message
Jim wrote:

"JimH" wrote in message
On Jul 14, 4:30 pm, "Jim" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

JimH wrote:
Hey Tom!

On 7/13/08 7:41 PM, xxxx wrote:

I am thinking about purchasing a Parker 2100.

Is the splash board standard or an option?

Thanks!

Jim Jim is offline

"Don White" wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

Hey, it *is* boating related.

Eisboch
Indeed, but he doesn't seem to know anything.

Jim's having a little fun here as a break from growing bananas.
"Growing" .... not "going".

Anyhoo, despite your doubts, he knows more about boats than most others
in the NG, including me. He's just bashful about his knowledge.

Eisboch

He works very hard at keeping it secret.

That's because he's here to roll in the mud...not help the overall tone of
the group.

What kind of boatman waits till the middle of july to dig his boat out of
moth balls. Rhetorical. We already know the answer.
Once we get rid of three sour notes the tone will be sweet.

HK HK is offline

Jim wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

Hey, it *is* boating related.

Eisboch
Indeed, but he doesn't seem to know anything.

Jim's having a little fun here as a break from growing bananas.
"Growing" .... not "going".

Anyhoo, despite your doubts, he knows more about boats than most
others in the NG, including me. He's just bashful about his knowledge.

Eisboch
He works very hard at keeping it secret.

That's because he's here to roll in the mud...not help the overall
tone of the group.

What kind of boatman waits till the middle of july to dig his boat out
of moth balls. Rhetorical. We already know the answer.
Once we get rid of three sour notes the tone will be sweet.

What is going to get rid of the stench you create with virtually every
post you plop here?

Hey...how's that old, clapped out, underpowered, and now completely
p.o.s. boat of yours? Do you still have it, or just the photo of it?

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:19:36 -0400, HK wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:05:58 -0400, HK wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

Most of what you fellows do, 24-7, is either fling juvenile insults,
discuss subjects that have nothing to do with any aspect or boating, or
act like idiots.

Because of you and your dwarfs, I simply gave up on this place as a
forum for boating discussions, and I freely admit I show up mainly to
watch the aberrant behavior of you and your buddies.

If all you did was "watch", a good chunk of the problem would go away.
You don't "watch". You (and others) pounce upon certain individuals
regardless of the subject of their posts or to whom they are addressed.

The only way to restore rec.boats to something other than a personal
insult free-for-all would be for everybody to retire the past, forget
about old issues and conflicts, and post as if all were meeting for the
first time. Problem is, it would require 100% participation and that just
isn't going to happen.

Eisboch

tell you what, Richard, as an old Westvillian to an aging Amityite, you
work assiduously on getting the seven dwarfs to behave and I'll work on
the rest.

how's that?

No thanks. It would be like trying to solve a Catch-22.

*I* can't fix it. *You* can't fix it. But if all the participants were
seriously motivated and committed to reviving rec.boats to it's former
glory, it can be done by simply resisting the urge to post idiotic
claims/counterclaims.

It can't be "my" rules .... "your" rules or anybody else's "rules".

Eisboch

Well, then, I go back to my original post on this to you...that as a
boating newsgroup, this place is lost, and that I show up mainly to
watch the aberrant behavior of the seven dwarfs and (as you mentioned)
to crap on one of their heads from time to time.

None of the seven, so far as I can tell, has the slightest interest in
boating related subjects or, if they do, they seem incapable of making
any but the most empty headed of posts (e.g., I took my kid wakeboarding
yesterday, or, I took my 93 grandchildren on a cruise).

So...

Harry, your statement, "I show up mainly to watch aberrant behavior...", is
belied by the sheer quantity of attack posts you make here.

I am willing to make you a deal. I will make no posts on Chuck's Island if
you make no more than one more post here, in answer to this one.

Look what you'd have to gain!

Deal.

Not that you had anything to add, boating-wise, there or here.

HK HK is offline

John H. wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:05:58 -0400, HK wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

What are you trying to prove with these repetitive regurgitations of
yours, Herring? That you still don't have anything to add?

You've proved that.

Stick to what you know...posting photos of your cloned grandchildren,
your diaperboat cruises, and your requests for golfing partners.

John H. wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:19:36 -0400, HK wrote:

John H. wrote:

snipped
Harry, your statement, "I show up mainly to watch aberrant behavior...", is
belied by the sheer quantity of attack posts you make here.

I am willing to make you a deal. I will make no posts on Chuck's Island if
you make no more than one more post here, in answer to this one.

Look what you'd have to gain!

Deal.

Not that you had anything to add, boating-wise, there or here.

I interpreted your post to mean no more than one post to the thread
under discussion, crap-for-brains.

Your interpretation seems to be different.

Hey...post on Chuck's if you like. I don't care. You'll just get banned
again.

- - -

Two Republican "Oilmen" in the White House x Two Terms = $4.00+ a Gallon
for Gasoline at the Pump.
Jim Jim is offline

John H. wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:05:58 -0400, HK wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

What he has proved with your help is that you are not a man of your word.
John has kept his part of the agreement as an honorable person would do.
You, however, have shown us again that your word is worthless. Add to that
your compulsive lying and fabrication and you have the ingredients of WAFA.
Also known as Harry Krause.

John H. wrote:
[...]

D'oh...there he goes again.

That's what I did, braindead...I made one more post "here," in answer to
your "deal." I interpreted "here" to mean the thread in which you
offered your deal, and nothing more than that. Perhaps if your language
skills were better, you would have worded your deal more clearly.

Move on, braindead...you're getting nowhere with this one.

Where are your fellow dwarfs...I'm sure they'll take your side and make
you feel better.

Ping: Tom Tim General 3 November 18th 06 01:04 PM
Ping RCE Dan Krueger General 5 June 14th 06 01:45 AM
OT--PING...DSK DSK General 3 November 18th 04 12:14 AM
PING Bob Capt. Mooron ASA 6 October 28th 03 10:45 PM