Default Baltimore Inner Harbor and other sites

Although we are going by car our destinations are generally on the
water I did not consider this to be OT.

We are taking the trip we planned last year (canceled because of work
demands at the time) to Baltimore, NYC, Boston and lower Maine. We
plan to hit Maine mid October when the Fall foliage is in it's peak.

Beside the obvious attractions any secret gems we need to see?

TIA!

HK HK is offline

JimH wrote:
Although we are going by car our destinations are generally on the
water I did not consider this to be OT.

We are taking the trip we planned last year (canceled because of work
demands at the time) to Baltimore, NYC, Boston and lower Maine. We
plan to hit Maine mid October when the Fall foliage is in it's peak.

Beside the obvious attractions any secret gems we need to see?

TIA!

I was really fascinated by the railroad museum in Baltimo

http://www.borail.org/

The shops and restaurants at the waterfront are tourist attractions...no
really great food or shopping. But there are some really great
restaurants in the city...if you want, I can send you a list.

The aquarium in Baltimore is, in my opinion, second rate. Huge building,
not a lot of fish. Boston has a far better one.

Where are you staying in Boston?

On Jul 11, 5:25*pm, HK wrote:
JimH wrote:
Although we are going by car our destinations are generally on the
water I did not consider this to be OT.

We are taking the trip we planned last year (canceled because of work
demands at the time) to Baltimore, NYC, Boston and lower Maine. *We
plan to hit Maine mid October when the Fall foliage is in it's peak.

Beside the obvious attractions any secret gems we need to see?

TIA!

I was really fascinated by the railroad museum in Baltimo

http://www.borail.org/

The shops and restaurants at the waterfront are tourist attractions...no
really great food or shopping. But there are some really great
restaurants in the city...if you want, I can send you a list.

The aquarium in Baltimore is, in my opinion, second rate. Huge building,
not a lot of fish. Boston has a far better one.

Yep. My wife already googled the Boston Aquarium as a place to visit.

Where are you staying in Boston?

Not yet determined.

We will most likely be staying at the Sheraton Inner Harbor while in
Baltimore as I have stayed there before and found it to be a good
hotel.

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 13:59:23 -0700 (PDT), JimH
wrote:

Although we are going by car our destinations are generally on the
water I did not consider this to be OT.

We are taking the trip we planned last year (canceled because of work
demands at the time) to Baltimore, NYC, Boston and lower Maine. We
plan to hit Maine mid October when the Fall foliage is in it's peak.

Beside the obvious attractions any secret gems we need to see?

Well, yeah. You can head up to Marblehead, go to Abbot Hall and view
the painting "Spirit of '76". It's about a 35 minute drive from
Boston. Also in Marblehead is Fort Sewall which held off three
British frigates as the USS Constitution ran into the harbor under
it's guns. Marblehead also boasts Crocker Park which has a
spectacular view of the harbor and all three famous yacht clubs-
Boston, Eastern and Corinthian. George O'Day lived next to the
entrance of Crocker Park in the castle there. And while you are
there, right across the street from the entrance to Crocker Park is
where the famous Capt. Tom Francis of Short Wave Sportfishing was
raised and two houses up Front Street is where his famous wife, Mrs.
Wave was raised. :)

If you have the time, you could cross the Marblehead Causeway to
Marblehead Neck to view Marblehead Light where, yours truly, entered
Marblehead lore as the dumbass who climbed up the outside of the light
on a dare from the same three Sea Scout moron buddies - needless my
parents were not impressed.. As you pass the halfway point on the
causeway, back in 1965, yours truly and three of his moron Sea Scout
buddies rode the Scouts whale boat OVER the causeway during a
nor'easter. And then there was the famous inner harbor
incident...um...we'll just leave that one for another time. :)

Salem, which is next to Marblehead, has the Witch House and the
Witch's Museum - the museum is the better of the two. There is also
the Custom House right down the street from Pickering Wharf which is
neat. There is also the meeting house where the witch trials were
held and the hill where they were hanged - you could take a pass on
those.

Up to Gloucester for the famous fisherman's monument and a little
further up, the fish piers and a ton of great seafood restaurants.
Along the way to Gloucester along the shore road you run past
Manchester By The Sea with some spectacular scenery and several famous
colleges - notably Gordon College.

On Jul 11, 5:29*pm, JimH wrote:
On Jul 11, 5:25*pm, HK wrote:

JimH wrote:
[...]

hotel.- Hide quoted text -

Don't you and your lover WAFA have the ability to email?

Baltimore Rescue Thom Stewart ASA 1 March 10th 04 02:29 AM
FA: Canoe -- Baltimore, MD Marty S. General 0 March 8th 04 04:18 PM
FS: Carver 430 in New Baltimore, MI WTmich3 Marketplace 0 October 27th 03 11:22 AM
Hello from Baltimore (new padler stuff) pausto General 3 September 28th 03 09:38 AM