pausto

Default Hello from Baltimore (new padler stuff)

Hey Folks,
After being relocated from Los Angeles to Baltimore in 1970, a just
turned 50 Balto raised, new paddler, friend has asked for a paddling
partner. I agreed, and have purchased an "emotion Exileraor" Sit on
top, from Sunny's. (any coments on this boat?. good or bad?)
So far we have paddled the Hammerman area up to the first falls of
the Gunpowder. Dundee to the power plant, Danials Dam up 3.5 mi
(beyond the west ent of the ralroad tunnel), North point park (old Bay
shore) to the Miller island cut, and south, into Shallow Cr.. And
Deer Cr from R136, to the Susquehanna, 1.75 water gauge Near
DARLINGTON (we scraped the bottom a lot). We went to Bond's landing
on the 4th Sept, planning to paddle from there to Little Orleans on
the 5th, but the water was over 11 feet, so we just camped, but had a
great time.
we have been at paddling since (I don't know) June? There are now
three of us. One of us is looking for a motor cycle. I am looking for
a bigger kayak experience. I'm 48, and after deer cr, I'm not sure if
i want to look for heavier WW or if i want to do more touring, a
decked boat of coarse. Yeah, I know, that's really indecisive, but
I'm really young at this.

I have been reading; this group, Balto Canoe, Monocasy page, and
what ever else i can find.

We have questions:
a good book for new yakers in the Baltimore area. I have the book
on the Keystone State rivers. and some books on basic kayaking for
sit-on-tops.

Is there a spot between the reservoirs, pretty Boy and Lochraven,
for new Paddlers?

listening... learning.

The Storck
Blankibr

Check out www.cpakayaker.com. That is the local sea kayaking club. They meet
every Tuesday in Baltimore during daylight savings (along with five other
locations each week). They also have a local member list you can ask about the
availability of used kayaks if you are interested.

Brian Blankinship
pausto

Blankibr wrote:

Check out www.cpakayaker.com. That is the local sea kayaking club. They meet
every Tuesday in Baltimore during daylight savings (along with five other
locations each week). They also have a local member list you can ask about the
availability of used kayaks if you are interested.

Brian Blankinship

Great page for local info. I signed up to receive the list digest.
Thanks for the replies, guys.

Paul

Check out Chesapeake Paddlers Association. www.cpakayaker.com We
have several local paddling groups, one that paddles weekly in the
baltimore area. Drop me an email if you want more information.

(OT) One more non political -- Stuff to send our guys and gals Jim General 19 March 12th 04 06:28 PM
FS: Canoe in Baltimore Maryland Marty S. Marketplace 0 December 19th 03 04:20 PM
more good stuff RB General 4 October 24th 03 06:37 AM
Test-Drive Folbot Kodiak (Baltimore, MD) Michael Swain General 0 September 24th 03 04:55 AM
Hey that Zformula stuff killed my boat odors! Mr. Thomas Cruising 0 August 16th 03 07:44 PM