HK HK is offline

Default Unhappy birthday

Americans' unhappy birthday: 'Too much wrong'

By PAULINE ARRILLAGA, AP National Writer Sun Jul 6, 6:43 AM ET

Even folks in the Optimist Club are having a tough time toeing an upbeat
line these days. Eighteen members of the volunteer organization's
Gilbert, Ariz., chapter have gathered, a few days before this nation's
232nd birthday, to focus on the positive: Their book drive for
schoolchildren and an Independence Day project to place American flags
along the streets of one neighborhood.

They beam through the Pledge of Allegiance, applaud each other's good
news — a house that recently sold despite Arizona's down market, and one
member's valiant battle with cancer. "I didn't die," she says as the
others cheer.

But then talk turns to the state of the Union, and the Optimists become
decidedly bleak.

*They use words such as "terrified," "disgusted" and "scary" to describe
what one calls "this mess" we Americans find ourselves in. Then comes
the list of problems constituting the mess: a protracted war,
$4-a-gallon gas, soaring food prices, uncertainty about jobs, an erratic
stock market, a tougher housing market, and so on and so forth.*

One member's son is serving his second tour in Iraq. Another speaks of a
daughter who's lost her job in the mortgage industry and a son in
construction whose salary was slashed. Still another mentions a friend
who can barely afford gas.

Joanne Kontak, 60, an elementary school lunch aide inducted just this
day as an Optimist, sums things up like this: "There's just entirely too
much wrong right now."

- - -

Perhaps when the GOP is swept out of the White House, the Dems have more
seats in Congress, and the indictments start piling up, we can move forward.

:)

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Perhaps you should consider joining the Optimist Club.

Eisboch

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

Perhaps you should consider joining the Optimist Club.

Eisboch

I have hope.

Well, that's good to hear. You weren't very hopeful a year or so ago.
Optimism is good for the mind, body and soul.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Perhaps you should consider joining the Optimist Club.

Eisboch

I have hope.

Well, that's good to hear. You weren't very hopeful a year or so ago.
Optimism is good for the mind, body and soul.

Eisboch

Well, the term of President Idiot is nearing its end. Unless the Idiot
initiates a war with Iran, there's not much time for him to do us
additional damage.

Even if the Chief or an Associate Justice fell over and died between now
and election day, he'll be powerless to get a nominee approved.

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 11:23:40 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
[...]

You just made *his* day!

HK wrote in
:

Perhaps when the GOP is swept out of the White House, the Dems have
more seats in Congress, and the indictments start piling up, we can
move forward.

Nice try, Harry. All the Dems are members of the same cults as the
Republicrats:

Council On Foreign Relations
Illuminati Freemasons
Bohemian Grove Society
Trilateral Commission
most are Skull & Bonesmen, just like W.

You're talking about changing the waiter at your table in the hotel, not
about changing the CEO and Board Members of the hotel chain who tell the
waiters what to do and when to do it.....

Politicians are just employees of the super elite holding the gun on all of
us.

Rothchilds
Rockefellers
etc., etc.

We need to start dragging out BANKERS from their mansions and hanging them
in public squares to give the rest of them an idea to cure these problems,
all usury based.

Unhappy Corolla Owners Capt. Rob ASA 14 June 22nd 07 03:14 PM
"Okie from Muskogee" very unhappy with GWB Gould 0738 General 0 October 24th 04 08:05 PM
My Birthday....41 Bobsprit ASA 37 November 19th 03 01:06 AM