Default Yo Eisboch!

We've decided to test the RV waters with something a little less
extravagant than an Airstream. Thursday we bought a Funfinder X, 186FBS.

http://www.rvusa.com/rvinventory_item.asp?id=484771

I just couldn't see paying 2 1/2 times the cost of this trailer for the
admittedly better quality and name of the Airstream.

Now we'll see how well the 4Runner will pull it. With the weight
distributing hitch it should be OK. Hell, it should be OK without it.

Had to go with the wife to buy sheets and stuff, of course. I'm sure she'll
try to double the weight of the trailer with junk.
HK HK is offline

John H. wrote:
We've decided to test the RV waters with something a little less
extravagant than an Airstream. Thursday we bought a Funfinder X, 186FBS.

http://www.rvusa.com/rvinventory_item.asp?id=484771

I just couldn't see paying 2 1/2 times the cost of this trailer for the
admittedly better quality and name of the Airstream.

Now we'll see how well the 4Runner will pull it. With the weight
distributing hitch it should be OK. Hell, it should be OK without it.

Had to go with the wife to buy sheets and stuff, of course. I'm sure she'll
try to double the weight of the trailer with junk.

Your 4Runner will handle the weight just fine. But you will be surprised
at how much your speed and gas mileage are impacted by pulling that big
box down the highway. It's now the same as pulling a boat.

I hope you're going to get out on the road real soon now, and stay out
for a long, long time.

Happy Trails.

On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 08:55:37 -0400, HK wrote:

John H. wrote:
We've decided to test the RV waters with something a little less
extravagant than an Airstream. Thursday we bought a Funfinder X, 186FBS.

http://www.rvusa.com/rvinventory_item.asp?id=484771

I just couldn't see paying 2 1/2 times the cost of this trailer for the
admittedly better quality and name of the Airstream.

Now we'll see how well the 4Runner will pull it. With the weight
distributing hitch it should be OK. Hell, it should be OK without it.

Had to go with the wife to buy sheets and stuff, of course. I'm sure she'll
try to double the weight of the trailer with junk.

Your 4Runner will handle the weight just fine. But you will be surprised
at how much your speed and gas mileage are impacted by pulling that big
box down the highway. It's now the same as pulling a boat.

Funny how having the same imported job-stealing Made in Japan motor
vehicle can bring good Americans together.
Almost makes me cry how we are so tight-knit.

--Vic

On Jul 5, 8:55*am, HK wrote:
John H. wrote:
[...]

As usual, WAFA is the problem.
HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Jul 5, 8:55 am, HK wrote:
John H. wrote:
[...]

Ahh... Herring, WaitASecond and Reggie's test tube baby awoke for a
fresh day of proving himself stupid.

Did you "wife" change the AAA battery between your ears?

John H. wrote in
:

I just couldn't see paying 2 1/2 times the cost of this trailer for

the
admittedly better quality and name of the Airstream.

Airstream isn't any better quality, just queerer. It used to be
aircraft quality, whatever that was, when Wally Bynam sat at the company
helm and ruled the bean counters with an iron fist. Now, it's just
another cheapassed RV company making a shoddy product to make it to the
end of the warranty period. They all are....

Tiny holding tank INSIDE the Airstream, so WHEN, not if, it breaks, ****
runs down the hall and pools up under the front living room because the
hitch is lower. It's the grossest thing I've ever seen in any RV when
it breaks....the cheap plastic tank.

If one celing panel gets loose, the whole inside of the coach will fall
down! Try not to laugh if you see it....I failed to stop myself.

They used to tow a 16' Bambi with a bicycle at Airstream Rallies Wally
sponsored. I didn't believe it could be done, but on flat ground it can
be. New Airstreams, even the smallest one, weigh a lot more, now.
Aluminum frames are too expensive.

I had a Coachman 22' Class C motorhome and three friends, all of whom
are dead now, who had big Airstreams and were officers in the local
Airstream club. They had a rally at an RV park along I-95 in SC back in
the 70's and invited me to come play my accordions to all the old folks
at the rally. I accepted.....

My ham radio friend Peewee Bowen was the Airstream dealer in Sumter, SC,
where I lived at the time. The stuff I saw about Airstreams were in his
shop across the road from Shaw AFB. Roaming around Peewee's shop after
getting this invitation, I noticed this huge, round enameled steel sign
that said: "AUTHORIZED AIRSTREAM SERVICE STATION"....or something like
that with the Airstream logo, like an old gas station hanging metal sign
from the 1930's. I borrowed it to take to the rally for its joke
effect. We mounted it with some pianowire to the ladder rack up the
back of my Coachman motorhome and off I went to the Airstream Rally.

2 months later, my Coachman with that sign made the cover of the
Airstream magazine! Everyone thought it was hilarious. One nice old
guy with a 30' Airstream said to me, "Boy, are YOU gonna be busy all
weekend!"....(c; I handed out Peewee's business card to them and a lot
of Airstreams came to his shop for needed repairs soon after.

They all enjoyed the accordion playing, especially watching me play
polkas on the chormatic scale button accordion I brought, a Hohner from
Germany.

Now, it costs more to stay in an RV campground than a Holiday Inn and at
$5/gallon you can drive your small car to any resort and live in luxury
for LESS than you can haul an RV bigger than 15' to a cheap overnight
campground and cook your own meals on its tiny stove. No thanks...I
like being waited on hand and foot when I travel...spoiled awful.

I'm trying to buy the Smart CDi tiny diesel car I can park in the Westin
Hotel's parking garage when I arrive....(c;

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 18:15:24 +0000, Larry wrote:

John H. wrote in
:

[...]

One of the advantages of being retired military is the ability to stay in
military campgrounds. The cost for full hookup is usually $15-$20 which, if
I save long enough, I can afford.

Plus, I can sleep with my own bedbugs.
HK HK is offline

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 18:15:24 +0000, Larry wrote:

Now, it costs more to stay in an RV campground than a Holiday Inn and at
$5/gallon you can drive your small car to any resort and live in luxury
for LESS than you can haul an RV bigger than 15' to a cheap overnight
campground and cook your own meals on its tiny stove. No thanks...I
like being waited on hand and foot when I travel...spoiled awful.

The last little 400 mile trip we took, in early June, my wife noticed
the almost total absence of RVs and camper-trailers on the road, which
we both appreciated, and I again commented that Americans pulling or
driving one of those boxes along the highway was "the bestest wish" of
every Arab potentate and big oil criminal.

We were only staying one night at our destination, it was midweek, and
it was a first-class hotel. $79. I couldn't believe it. Two room suite,
free breakfast, free parking, quiet, and, of course, a *real* bathroom
with a shower and a tub. And right across the street, a first-class
restaurant with a full bar.

No drunks, no little rug rats running around loose, no late night noises.

Yeah, I'd rather drive in and stay in an RV or campter-trailer. Not.

On Jul 6, 5:47*pm, HK wrote:

No drunks, no little rug rats running around loose, no late night noises.

Yeah, I'd rather drive in and stay in an RV or campter-trailer. Not.

Yeah, you'd NEVER see anything like people partying and children at a
hotel........idiot.

On Jul 6, 6:44*pm, wrote:
On Jul 6, 5:47*pm, HK wrote:

No drunks, no little rug rats running around loose, no late night noises.

Yeah, I'd rather drive in and stay in an RV or campter-trailer. Not.

Yeah, you'd NEVER see anything like people partying and children at a
hotel........idiot.

Why are you so angry and nasty all the time? Honest question.

Hey Eisboch... Eisboch General 1 October 28th 06 02:08 PM
Eisboch... Eisboch General 4 October 5th 06 01:53 AM
Yo - Eisboch JohnH General 22 September 25th 06 01:25 AM