Default A 4th of July Message from me!

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 09:35:13 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

.. .
On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 08:27:50 -0400, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 11:34:35 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 07:27:30 -0400, John H.
wrote:

I hope your's is absolutely spectacular, and that no one gets hurt!

http://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/fireworks.gif

We'll be out on the Potomac with what some refer to as 'the fools', but
that's OK. We're mostly going to observe anyway!

Actually, Mrs. Wave is in Washington at the NEA convention. She has
no plans to be anywhere near the Mall today for any reason. :)

Gasp......!!!!! A .....UNION..... meeting!!!!!!!

Yeah - I know. :)

Well, you know what they say - opposites attract.

This will set you're and Harry's head spinning - she's on the Board of
Directors and is seriously thinking of running for national office
this upcoming year. :)

The Horror!!

Maybe Harry could manage her propaganda and speech writing. Wouldn't that be
a hoot!

Oh I think she has that pretty much covered already.

Her husband is pretty good with words and such. :)
Senior Member

wrote:

[...]

Her husband is pretty good with words and such. *:)- Hide quoted text -

What, she has two? Is she Mormon??

wrote:

I hope your's is absolutely spectacular, and that no one gets hurt!

http://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/fireworks.gif

We'll be out on the Potomac with what some refer to as 'the fools', but
that's OK. We're mostly going to observe anyway!
Actually, Mrs. Wave is in Washington at the NEA convention. She has
no plans to be anywhere near the Mall today for any reason. :)
Gasp......!!!!! A .....UNION..... meeting!!!!!!!

Yeah - I know. :)

Well, you know what they say - opposites attract.

This will set you're and Harry's head spinning - she's on the Board of
Directors and is seriously thinking of running for national office
this upcoming year. :)

The Horror!!

Is her first name Rae or Maureen?

Neither - on the State BOD by virtue of being the Chair of the County
Committee and she's very active in the Local Presidents Committee. I'm
sorry - that was kind of misleading - I meant to say State BOD.

But Rae is retiring at the end of this year - Maureen still has a
couple of years to go.

It's no big deal - she's mulling it over.
HK HK is offline

wrote:

[...]

Ahh, the state board.

I used to be a bit involved in NEA politics, and was the "roadie"
campaign manager for a woman who successfully sought the office of
"president-elect" in a year when a male was supposed to be elected.

Fun times. I was a young man at the time, and the candidate was ancient.
She just about ran me into the ground when we weren't flying around on
small planes of highly suspicious maintenance.

wrote:

[...]

Had to be Caty O'Conner or Helen Wise.

HK HK is offline

wrote:

[...]

Nope.

Here's her obit:

February 22, 1984
Catherine Barrett, 80, Dies; Led National School Group

Catherine Barrett, former president of the National Education
Association, died Saturday at Hamot Medical Center, Erie, Pa., after a
long illness. She was 80 years old and lived most of her life in
Syracuse, N.Y.

An elementary school teacher in the Syracuse school system, she was
president of the National Education Association in 1972 and 1973.

Under her leadership, the organization established political action
committees to support ''friends of education.'' She was also a member of
the organization's executive committee from 1970 to 1974.

From 1967 to 1969, Mrs. Barrett was president of the New York State
Teachers Association.

She is survived by two daughters, Mary Lou Zone of Erie, Pa., and Joanne
DeLany of Camillus, N.Y.; 14 grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.

---

I was working in NY State when I met Mrs. Barrett. She had recently
completed her term as NYSTA president, and decided the NEA wasn't
political enough. I was "volunteered" to be her road manager. She was
tough and smart and a lot of fun on the road. Great extemporaneous
speaker, a PR man's dream.
Jim Jim is offline

wrote:

[...]

Don't go there. Remember; he can reach out and touch you.

wrote:

I hope your's is absolutely spectacular, and that no one gets hurt!

http://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/fireworks.gif

We'll be out on the Potomac with what some refer to as 'the fools', but
that's OK. We're mostly going to observe anyway!

Actually, Mrs. Wave is in Washington at the NEA convention. She has
no plans to be anywhere near the Mall today for any reason. :)

Gasp......!!!!! A .....UNION..... meeting!!!!!!!

Yeah - I know. :)

Well, you know what they say - opposites attract.

This will set you're and Harry's head spinning - she's on the Board of
Directors and is seriously thinking of running for national office
this upcoming year. :)

The Horror!!

Good for her.
I once ran for National Office Trustee in my union.
We were outvoted by the central Canada mob.

Senior Member

wrote:

[...]

Don't go there. Remember; he can reach out and touch you.- Hide quoted text -

Hey, nothing wrong with being Mormon.. I am one, and yes, I have heard
all the jokes
HK HK is offline

wrote:

wrote:
[...]

I don't know any Mormon jokes, except, of course for Mitt Romney.

I preferred his father. George Romney was more honest, more capable, and
smarter.

A 4th of July Message from Jack English... Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] General 0 July 4th 08 03:37 AM
Message to Joe From ASA Capt. Rob ASA 10 February 16th 08 11:28 PM
OT More on the virus message John H General 1 April 17th 05 07:20 PM
Testing message [email protected] Crew 0 September 26th 03 11:37 PM
Message for Ganzy Bobsprit ASA 61 July 2nd 03 11:51 PM