Default A 4th of July Message from me!

I hope your's is absolutely spectacular, and that no one gets hurt!

http://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/fireworks.gif

We'll be out on the Potomac with what some refer to as 'the fools', but
that's OK. We're mostly going to observe anyway!

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 07:27:30 -0400, John H.
wrote:

I hope your's is absolutely spectacular, and that no one gets hurt!

http://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/fireworks.gif

We'll be out on the Potomac with what some refer to as 'the fools', but
that's OK. We're mostly going to observe anyway!

Actually, Mrs. Wave is in Washington at the NEA convention. She has
no plans to be anywhere near the Mall today for any reason. :)

wrote:

I hope your's is absolutely spectacular, and that no one gets hurt!

http://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/fireworks.gif

We'll be out on the Potomac with what some refer to as 'the fools', but
that's OK. We're mostly going to observe anyway!

Actually, Mrs. Wave is in Washington at the NEA convention. She has
no plans to be anywhere near the Mall today for any reason. :)

Hey, where are you? You kinda signed off on me...

Hope she's got a room with a view of the mall. It will be a great show.
Call her and tell her to tune the radio to one of the local DC channels
which carries the festivities - or watch it on TV while she's seeing the
fireworks live!
HK HK is offline

wrote:

I hope your's is absolutely spectacular, and that no one gets hurt!

http://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/fireworks.gif

We'll be out on the Potomac with what some refer to as 'the fools', but
that's OK. We're mostly going to observe anyway!

Actually, Mrs. Wave is in Washington at the NEA convention. She has
no plans to be anywhere near the Mall today for any reason. :)

I can't think of anywhere worse to be late today or tonight than at the
Mall. The entertainment is pretty good, usually, and the fireworks are
spectacular, but...

there's a kazillion people around, some of whom have been drinking all
day and are a "bit" over the edge,

it's the perfect "venue" for some crazed terrorist to do something
spectacularly awful.

unless you work downtown, and have access to your building and its
bathrooms, you are pretty much restricted to the porti-potties that have
been under heavy use for 24 hours already,

getting out of D.C. after the fireworks can take two hours, just to
clear the immediate downtown area.

The new D.C. Convention Center is a hell of a hike from the mall, but
the Yellow Line metro practically connects both. Getting back to the
Convention Center area and its hotels after the fireworks would be a
pain the ass.

If the weather is decent, we'll probably head over to Solomons Island
for dinner and a local fireworks display:

http://tinyurl.com/6lusev

wrote:

I hope your's is absolutely spectacular, and that no one gets hurt!

http://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/fireworks.gif

We'll be out on the Potomac with what some refer to as 'the fools', but
that's OK. We're mostly going to observe anyway!

Actually, Mrs. Wave is in Washington at the NEA convention. She has
no plans to be anywhere near the Mall today for any reason. :)

Mrs. Wave is a smart woman. The last time I went to the Mall in DC on
the 4th of July was on a motorcycle about 20+ years ago, park anywhere
and get the hell out fast.

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 08:27:50 -0400, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 11:34:35 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

wrote:

I hope your's is absolutely spectacular, and that no one gets hurt!

http://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/fireworks.gif

We'll be out on the Potomac with what some refer to as 'the fools', but
that's OK. We're mostly going to observe anyway!

Actually, Mrs. Wave is in Washington at the NEA convention. She has
no plans to be anywhere near the Mall today for any reason. :)

Gasp......!!!!! A .....UNION..... meeting!!!!!!!

Yeah - I know. :)

Well, you know what they say - opposites attract.

This will set you're and Harry's head spinning - she's on the Board of
Directors and is seriously thinking of running for national office
this upcoming year. :)

The Horror!!
Senior Member

wrote:

I hope your's is absolutely spectacular, and that no one gets hurt!

http://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/fireworks.gif

We'll be out on the Potomac with what some refer to as 'the fools', but
that's OK. We're mostly going to observe anyway!

Actually, Mrs. Wave is in Washington at the NEA convention. *She has
no plans to be anywhere near the Mall today for any reason. *:)

Gasp......!!!!! A .....UNION..... meeting!!!!!!!

Yeah - I know. *:)

Well, you know what they say - opposites attract.

This will set you're and Harry's head spinning - she's on the Board of
Directors and is seriously thinking of running for national office
this upcoming year. *:)

The Horror!! *- Hide quoted text -

Wow, do we all get to wear big shiny pins with her face on it? Oh, and
silly hats?

wrote:

I hope your's is absolutely spectacular, and that no one gets hurt!

http://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/fireworks.gif

We'll be out on the Potomac with what some refer to as 'the fools', but
that's OK. We're mostly going to observe anyway!

Actually, Mrs. Wave is in Washington at the NEA convention. She has
no plans to be anywhere near the Mall today for any reason. :)

Hey, where are you? You kinda signed off on me...

Unfortunately, I got caught up in a "situation" and have to actually
do some "work" tomorrow with a former client of mine. He just bought
a 32 foot Hydra-Sports and it's his first boat. :)

Should be interesting.

Probably later in July though - we're going to be staying in the area
for a couple of days while Mrs. Wave does some work stuff.
Jim Jim is offline

wrote:

I hope your's is absolutely spectacular, and that no one gets hurt!

http://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/fireworks.gif

We'll be out on the Potomac with what some refer to as 'the fools', but
that's OK. We're mostly going to observe anyway!

Actually, Mrs. Wave is in Washington at the NEA convention. She has
no plans to be anywhere near the Mall today for any reason. :)

Gasp......!!!!! A .....UNION..... meeting!!!!!!!

Yeah - I know. :)

Well, you know what they say - opposites attract.

This will set you're and Harry's head spinning - she's on the Board of
Directors and is seriously thinking of running for national office
this upcoming year. :)

The Horror!!

Maybe Harry could manage her propaganda and speech writing. Wouldn't that be
a hoot!

HK HK is offline

wrote:

I hope your's is absolutely spectacular, and that no one gets hurt!

http://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/fireworks.gif

We'll be out on the Potomac with what some refer to as 'the fools', but
that's OK. We're mostly going to observe anyway!
Actually, Mrs. Wave is in Washington at the NEA convention. She has
no plans to be anywhere near the Mall today for any reason. :)

Gasp......!!!!! A .....UNION..... meeting!!!!!!!

Yeah - I know. :)

Well, you know what they say - opposites attract.

This will set you're and Harry's head spinning - she's on the Board of
Directors and is seriously thinking of running for national office
this upcoming year. :)

The Horror!!

Is her first name Rae or Maureen?

A 4th of July Message from Jack English... Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] General 0 July 4th 08 03:37 AM
Message to Joe From ASA Capt. Rob ASA 10 February 16th 08 11:28 PM
OT More on the virus message John H General 1 April 17th 05 07:20 PM
Testing message [email protected] Crew 0 September 26th 03 11:37 PM
Message for Ganzy Bobsprit ASA 61 July 2nd 03 11:51 PM