posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Message to Joe From ASA

Joe....hopefully you'll read this:

All of us at ASA were saddened to hear of Red Cloud's troubles and far
happier that all of you were rescued in good condition.
Don't think for a minute that anyone will make light of this. You had
a well found boat, but no vessel is invincible and bad conditions can
take their toll. Looking at that video of Red Cloud fighting in bad
weather gave me a LOT of respect for you. I'm sitting in my warm house
typing this and you were actually out there, taking chances and taking
on the ocean. You were walking the walk and my hat is off to you, sir.
If Red Cloud is lost you STILL saved her. You brought her back to life
and she ended on the terms we all hope for. A boat like Red Cloud,
rusting away her final days like a slow cancerous death is all too
common an end. She deserved better and and got it. She went out the
right way, if there is such a thing....and no boat can truly live
forever.
You lost this time, but you can recover to sail again, Joe. I doubt my
little cheer of encouragement will do much, but I just wanted you to
know (and I'll risk being the "voice" of ASA in earnest for a moment)
that all of us applaud your efforts and hope you'll sail again someday
soon.

We all wish you the very best for the coming years.

Robert
35s5 Heart of Gold
NY
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Jan 2, 4:08*pm, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
[...]

Thanks Robert...The fights not over yet. As soon as a borrowed trawler
is floating Im off to get my boat and coffee.

Joe
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote: I doubt my
little cheer of encouragement will do much, but I just wanted you to
know (and I'll risk being the "voice" of ASA in earnest for a moment)

Count me out, you're not my voice, never will be. I'd be ashamed to have
anyone as despicable as you speaking for me.

Joe and Family, I personally wish you the best, I have been through some
pretty grueling tragedies, and you have my heartfelt sympathies.

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Marty wrote:
Count me out, you're not my voice, never will be. I'd be ashamed to have
anyone as despicable as you speaking for me.

Considering what an offensive jerk "Capt" Rob has been for most of his
posting history (not just in ASA but all over the internet), I second
this.

I'll go out on a limb here and be "the voice of ASA" for a minute....
Bobsprit, keep your kissy lips away from my butt.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:
On Jan 2, 4:08 pm, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
Joe....hopefully you'll read this:

All of us at ASA were saddened to hear of Red Cloud's troubles and far
happier that all of you were rescued in good condition.
Don't think for a minute that anyone will make light of this. You had
a well found boat, but no vessel is invincible and bad conditions can
take their toll. Looking at that video of Red Cloud fighting in bad
weather gave me a LOT of respect for you. I'm sitting in my warm house
typing this and you were actually out there, taking chances and taking
on the ocean. You were walking the walk and my hat is off to you, sir.snip

Thanks Robert...The fights not over yet. As soon as a borrowed trawler
is floating Im off to get my boat and coffee.

Joe

Bobsprit's put it well. Joe, go for it, we'll keep fingers crossed.

--

Flying Tadpole
----------------------------------

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Jan 2, 6:09 pm, Joe wrote:
On Jan 2, 4:08 pm, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

[...]

Joe, keep us posted and best of luck. I meant what I said, though
others just can't grow up, even when someone's down. Amazing.
I hope you get her back and don't give up....not ever!

You da' man!

Robert B
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Marty wrote:
Count me out, you're not my voice, never will be. I'd be ashamed to have
anyone as despicable as you speaking for me.

Considering what an offensive jerk "Capt" Rob has been for most of his
posting history (not just in ASA but all over the internet), I second
this.

I'll go out on a limb here and be "the voice of ASA" for a minute....
Bobsprit, keep your kissy lips away from my butt.

DSK

I'm with you guys, I can only speak for myself and no one can speak for me.
The most uplifting thing is Joe's spirit and determination to go get
RedCloud. I think Joe will pull the whole operation off and the coffee may
actually multiply in value because of the unique story behind it.

RedCloud is more miles offshore than RB sails in a single season.

BC

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Bob Crantz wrote:

I'm with you guys, I can only speak for myself and no one can speak for me.
The most uplifting thing is Joe's spirit and determination to go get
RedCloud. I think Joe will pull the whole operation off and the coffee may
actually multiply in value because of the unique story behind it.

RedCloud is more miles offshore than RB sails in a single season.

Huzzah! Phlogiston flows in Joes' veins!

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message

I'm with you guys, I can only speak for myself and no one

can speak for me.
The most uplifting thing is Joe's spirit and determination

to go get
RedCloud. I think Joe will pull the whole operation off

and the coffee may
actually multiply in value because of the unique story

behind it.

You think this was all a publicity stunt?

RedCloud is more miles offshore than RB sails in a single

season.

The beans are better sailors than BS.

SBV

Test Message FREDO General 3 December 26th 06 12:49 AM
Mayday message Sam General 0 February 26th 06 04:03 AM
OT More on the virus message John H General 1 April 17th 05 07:20 PM