Default capaticy plate

On Jul 3, 3:21*pm, "Jeepinit" wrote:
I contacted a Maxum Dealer they told me 8 people 2130 weight 200 hp. *She
also is sending me a form for a request for a new capacity plate.

I used the information she gave me to finalize the paperwork. *I will
request a new plate. *If it is in fact different ....that will be the next
saga.

Please understand that 8 is the maximum capacity and certainly not
recommended on an 18 foot bowrider.
HK HK is offline

JimH wrote:
On Jul 3, 3:02 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in messagenews:8c6q64hl4sn26h4p6s94nhi6ne80veoleb@4ax .com...

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 13:39:44 -0400, "Ernest Scribbler"
wrote:
"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote
Has to be permanetly fixed at or near the operator's position. Has to
- it's got to be there.
As I understand the law, the manufacturer has to put a capacity label
there,
but there's no law against an owner removing it. Kind of like those tags
on
mattresses. That's only at the fed level; there may be other state laws
that
apply. A Maxum dealer should be able to get the OP a new one if his is
missing.
No. The CFR says all boats have to have the capacity plate. If you
have seperate insurance for your boat, the company may hold you liable
for any claims if one isn't present and you overload the boat.
There is a way to rebadge the boat by changing propulsion or
decreasing the number of people allowed on board, but it has to be
there.
CFR 183.23 and 183.25
http://tinyurl.com/5szakh

All boats do not have to have a capacity plate stating the number of
passengers and weight. I think it is only up to 20' of boat. After that
it requires a statement placard / plate that says that the boat manufacture
conforms to all Coast Guard applicable laws.

Agreed. My smaller boats had/has one.........the larger boats did not.

My 25' Parker had one. I don't remember the number, might have been 12
or 14, but whatever it was, the passenger capacity was colossal, in my
mind, for a boat that size. Most I ever had aboard for fishing
was...four passenger/guests.

HK HK is offline

JimH wrote:
On Jul 3, 3:21 pm, "Jeepinit" wrote:
I contacted a Maxum Dealer they told me 8 people 2130 weight 200 hp. She
also is sending me a form for a request for a new capacity plate.

I used the information she gave me to finalize the paperwork. I will
request a new plate. If it is in fact different ....that will be the next
saga.

Please understand that 8 is the maximum capacity and certainly not
recommended on an 18 foot bowrider.

That's one thing I notice a lot out on the Bay...small boats,
14-footers, with four or five passengers, and not much freeboard left.
I pretty much can guess what would happen if they got hit by the wake
from one of those Xanadu barges that roar by, bows up in the air and
wakes the size of a small roller coaster.

What - you been taking Harry lessons? :)

C'mon Tom, that was uneccessary, and a low blow to boot. g

--Mike

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 12:02:26 -0700, "Calif Bill"

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Yes Bill - and what are the applicable laws?

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 19:36:32 -0700, "Mike" wrote:

C'mon Tom, that was uneccessary, and a low blow to boot. g

Finest kind as we used to say around Havard Yard. :)

wrote:

[...]

Nope. I am smarter. :) When I bought my boat, I asked about a capacity
plate and was told by the manufacturer, that my size boat only required the
complies with regs tag. They have to know the regs. I just have to put
money in the boat.

"Ernest Scribbler" wrote in message
. ..
"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote
Has to be permanetly fixed at or near the operator's position. Has to
- it's got to be there.

As I understand the law, the manufacturer has to put a capacity label
there, but there's no law against an owner removing it. Kind of like those
tags on mattresses. That's only at the fed level; there may be other state
laws that apply. A Maxum dealer should be able to get the OP a new one if
his is missing.

The only reason to ever remove it would be if it was stolen. Serial
numbers....

I would NEVER buy a boat minus those tags. In our area, it is also
required.

"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote
there's no law against an owner removing it.

The CFR says all boats have to have the capacity plate.

I stand corrected. [sewingtagsbackonmatresses.avi]

Default Fuel Update

What is the prescribed fuel for a 2005 Merc Tracker 60 HP Two stroke ? It
adds its own oil to the mix but will Regular unleaded (87 octane) work ?
I saw a local gas station advertising "Boat Gas" but don't know what they re
selling.
BTW: I don't have the boat/motor here yet, its coming up from Florida next
month so I can't RTFM
BTW2: Reg Unl here is sold in liters (think Quarts) @ $ 140.9 That's
working out to $ 5.32 gallon and a NEW tax kicks in that should push
it up to $ 5.40..SWMBO says its up to 145.9 today, thats $ 5.51 US gallon
OUCH !

When I had my Bayliner 2350 back in the 80's, "Marine gas" was Regular
LEADED gas and was about 15
cents/Gal cheaper (72 cents) than "road" gas because there were no "Highway"
taxes on it.Do they still sell "marked gas" (No/Low tax) for farm/off road
purposes ? Is it UNLEADED ?
Will that work in a two stroke (if I could find any)?

On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 03:45:30 GMT, "Rudy"
wrote:

[...]

Where the heck are you?

capacity plate Mike General 3 June 7th 06 11:55 PM
never promise a plate [email protected] ASA 0 April 22nd 05 11:28 AM
don't try to comb a plate Nydia ASA 0 April 22nd 05 10:06 AM
my deep plate won't sow before I promise it Confused Dumb Boy ASA 0 April 8th 05 01:40 PM
OT. Retina plate JAXAshby ASA 3 October 21st 04 01:07 AM