Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default How do I shape the bunks to the boat hull?

I'm changing the bunks on a used trailer I bought and need some
advice. The bunks are adjustable and I have measured the position on
my old trailer and have all the supports close. The only question is:

What's the best method to curve the bunks to fit the hull? The bunks
curve up in front and that is not too hard but they also curve inward
toward the center. The bunks are very stiff in that direction.

I'm using 2x6 wet fir ( not kiln dried)

Do I get the wood wet? Use a chain to pull them into position?
Something else?

I'd like to get the shape pretty close before I try loading the boat.

18ft I/O Wellcraft w/ Cobra outdrive. Single axile trailer.

Thanks

Kip

FG Hull Shape kenner96skiff General 4 September 14th 06 03:29 PM
Replacing Boat Bunks Questions BobW General 3 June 18th 06 09:39 PM
felucca hull and rudder shape JMN Boat Building 2 June 27th 05 03:12 PM
how do you bend wood into the boat shape? Marcel Boat Building 63 March 29th 04 06:02 AM
Bunks and/or rollers Mike General 3 October 7th 03 01:21 PM