kipmc4 kipmc4 is offline

Default How do I shape the bunks to the boat hull?

Happy Boating

Why would you want the bunks to flex? *The trailer has it's own
suspension. *You want the hull to be fastened tight to the bunks and
trailer. *If the bunks flex, the boat can move and bounce while you
trailer it. *If you want to spread out the weight, use 4X6 lumber. *The
boat is only 18' long so it shouldn't need that much support anyway.- Hide quoted text -

I should have said curve not flex. I'm not trying to soften the ride
for the boat. I'm trying to spread out the force on a larger area of
the hull buy having the bunks curve to match the hull.

It's all done now. I used 2x6 with the 6 in side against the hull.