Mike

Default Bunks and/or rollers

I have a 16' fiberglass boat. My trailer has bunks for rear support but it
also has rollers in the center of the trailer toward the rear and center of
the boat. I'd like to get rid of the rollers and go strictly with bunking.
Any reasons why I wouldn't want to do this?

Mike

Mike

Could be but I was thinking about putting side guards on to hel in
centering.

Mike

le.rogers.com...

"Mike" wrote in message
I have a 16' fiberglass boat. My trailer has bunks for rear support but

it
also has rollers in the center of the trailer toward the rear and center

of
the boat. I'd like to get rid of the rollers and go strictly with

bunking.
Any reasons why I wouldn't want to do this?

Mike

Mike

The rollers are supporting enough of the weight that two of them split. I'd
rather not have that happen again. I suppose I could raise the bunks to
relieve the pressure on the rollers but I guess I just don't trust those
things. It seems like they concentrate too much pressure in only two spots.

Mike

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 17:12:55 -0500, "Mike"
wrote:

I have a 16' fiberglass boat. My trailer has bunks for rear support but

it
also has rollers in the center of the trailer toward the rear and center

of
the boat. I'd like to get rid of the rollers and go strictly with

bunking.
Any reasons why I wouldn't want to do this?

Mike

Hmmm... to turn the question around.... since you have bunks to
support the majority of the boat, why do you want to eliminate the
rollers??

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.