Gould 0738

Default Right-Wing Doctor Killer Executed

About a third of the callers to this talk show defended Hill, and praised
his
actions. One guy went so far as to suggest that homosexuals should be

targeted
as well as abortion doctors.

Truly an accurate representation, wouldn't you say Chuck? Or are you
generalizing once
again?

You question fails any test of basic logic.
Reporting what a single caller suggested is not a "generalization," nor can it
be since it only concerns a single individual. What do you mean by the first
sentence? The intent is unclear. Do you agree that homosexuals should be
targeted along with abortion doctors? Is that what you meant by an "accurate
representation."

BTW: Were the 1/3 radicals, conservatives or liberals? There are extremists
among all
the groups Chuck. Or didn't you know that? Your friend Harry is a prime
example.

Again, your question has no basis in logic.
It is conceivable that the roughly 1/3 of the
people who felt that Hill had acted properly and were prepared to defend his
murder of the abortion doctor had *nothing* in common except their defense of
Hill. Unless Harry was calling a conservative talk station in Seattle using an
assumed name, there is no reason to bring him into the conversation.

Scary to think that those people are loose in society- but they have a

right to
think any way they want until it turns into actual violence.

I agree. We have nut cases on both ends of the political spectrum.

I've got to clean the monitor screen. Almost thought that "Jim" agreed with
Gould on something. Has to be an electronic misprint.

Once again you generalize, this time about the make up of the audience.

Actually, no, I do not. There is a science called demographics. Demographic
studies scientifically define the nature of the audience for TV and radio
programming. Demographics for this particular station is an audience that is
predominantly male, primarily white, average listener age about 55, middle to
upper middle income bracket. This is the station that broadcasts Limbaugh,
Hannity, et al in our market. They self proclaim to be the home of
"conservative talk radio" in Seattle. I'm an ultra liberal, and I often listen
for short periods of time, but I can tell by the phone calls from the local
audience that there are either very few liberals listening or the screener does
not let them on the air.

If you care to dispute my analysis, I would suggest that you first listen to
the station in question. At that point we'd be discussing a single set of known
variables rather than the question of whether a liberal could ever accurately
represent his observation of a radio station.

Personally, I am farther to the right on the abortion issue than 99% of the
people on the planet. It should never be used for birth control. No

exceptions
where the only issue is birth control. Rape and situations where the

mother's
life could be endangered by a pregnancy.....reluctantly. BUT, the

difference
between Hill and me.....I'd never interfere with another person's legal

right
obtain one or presume to execute somebody for perfoming one. I mean, what

if
Hill and I are wrong? Who are we to impose our standards on others?

We agree on something. Fantastic. I knew with enough work you would slowly
turn
around.

Sorry, but you get no credit for my opinion.
I've felt this way for at least 30-years, soon after I came to realize/believe
that all living things have a soul.....(bet we don't agree on that!) :-)

Jim

LOL!

If I said white, you would say black.

You just love to argue Chuck. As a result, you are, however, coming across as bitter.

Lighten up Chuck. The sky is not falling. The US is actually a pretty nice place to
live.

And don't believe everything you read or hear on the radio. Often times it is not
true. ;-)

bb

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 00:19:43 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

Anyone they kill goes unnoticed.

Well, I guess you have a point there.

bb
Harry Krause

wrote:

Anyone they kill goes unnoticed.

Well, I guess you have a point there.

bb

Solipsism in rec.boats? Wow.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

bb

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 22:25:57 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Solipsism in rec.boats? Wow.

That's over my head Harry, please explain.

bb

jps

"Jim" wrote in message
et...
LOL!

If I said white, you would say black.

You just love to argue Chuck. As a result, you are, however, coming

across as bitter.

Lighten up Chuck. The sky is not falling. The US is actually a pretty

nice place to
live.

And don't believe everything you read or hear on the radio. Often times

it is not
true. ;-)

Another proclamation from Dennis the Menace Compton. Oftentimes more
astounding than fiction.

Mark Browne

wrote:

Solipsism in rec.boats? Wow.

That's over my head Harry, please explain.

bb

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?Solipsism

Gould 0738

LOL!

If I said white, you would say black.

You just love to argue Chuck. As a result, you are, however, coming across
as bitter.

Lighten up Chuck. The sky is not falling. The US is actually a pretty nice
place to
live.

And don't believe everything you read or hear on the radio. Often times it
is not
true. ;-)

Personal comments are not germane to the subject at hand. While I'm sure there
are many legitimate areas in which any of us could be criticized, your personal
defects (or mine) are a separate topic. A debate tests ideas against one
another, not personalities.
bb

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 03:53:25 GMT, "Mark Browne"
wrote:

Solipsism in rec.boats? Wow.

That's over my head Harry, please explain.

bb

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?Solipsism

I appreciate the attempt at helping me Mark. I already looked it up,
but I don't see the relevance. I know they were aiming low, but it's
still over my head.

bb