Default Boating use down

On May 27, 6:16 pm, Tim wrote:
On May 27, 7:28 am, wrote:

The Georgia DNR reports that over Memorial Day weekend, boating on
Lake Lanier was down 50%.

We didn't go out at all this weekend.
1. wifes health
2. constant threat of rain. (which it did)
3. monster fuel prices
4. involved with Memorial Day services at church and at three
cemeteries.

July 4?

Maybe

Sorry to hear about your wife Tim and I hope the health issue is not
serious.
Tim Tim is offline

On May 27, 5:31*pm, JimH wrote:

Sorry to hear about your wife Tim and I hope the health issue is not
serious.

Well, actually it is, Jim.

She has Lymphoma B and took her second bout of chemo therapy last
monday.

She's pretty sick at the moment, plus last week was the daughters high
school baccalaureate and friday was graduation. then memorial day etc.
But besides being extremely tired she is listed with about an 83%
recovery rate, and the tumorous lymp nodes in her neck are shrinking.

That's why I've not been on here much, because I've been studying
about the cancer etc. and taking care of her.

But so far we're planning on an excellent recovery.

Thanks for the well wish's, they're appreciated!

On May 27, 7:04 pm, Tim wrote:
On May 27, 5:31 pm, JimH wrote:

Sorry to hear about your wife Tim and I hope the health issue is not
serious.

Well, actually it is, Jim.

She has Lymphoma B and took her second bout of chemo therapy last
monday.

She's pretty sick at the moment, plus last week was the daughters high
school baccalaureate and friday was graduation. then memorial day etc.
But besides being extremely tired she is listed with about an 83%
recovery rate, and the tumorous lymp nodes in her neck are shrinking.

That's why I've not been on here much, because I've been studying
about the cancer etc. and taking care of her.

But so far we're planning on an excellent recovery.

Thanks for the well wish's, they're appreciated!

I will keep her in my prayers and I wish her all the best.
Tim Tim is offline

On May 27, 6:57*pm, JimH wrote:
On May 27, 7:04 pm, Tim wrote:

On May 27, 5:31 pm, JimH wrote:

Sorry to hear about your wife Tim and I hope the health issue is not
serious.

Well, actually it is, Jim.

She has Lymphoma B and took her second bout of chemo therapy last
monday.

She's pretty sick at the moment, plus last week was the daughters high
school baccalaureate and friday was graduation. then memorial day etc.
But besides being extremely tired she is listed with about an 83%
recovery rate, and the tumorous lymp nodes in her neck are shrinking.

That's why I've not been on here much, because I've been studying
about the cancer etc. and taking care of her.

But so far we're planning on an excellent recovery.

Thanks for the well wish's, they're appreciated!

I will keep her in my prayers and I wish her all the best.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks man. right now she has a lot of joint pain which goes along
with the treatment. the poison (chemo) drops your white cell count, so
your bones are trying to catch up on her bllood supply. this is
normal, but it's painful. But she's a fighter.

On Tue, 27 May 2008 15:16:21 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On May 27, 7:28*am, wrote:
The Georgia DNR reports that over Memorial Day weekend, boating on
Lake Lanier was down 50%.

We didn't go out at all this weekend.
1. wifes health
2. constant threat of rain. (which it did)
3. monster fuel prices
4. involved with Memorial Day services at church and at three
cemeteries.

July 4?

Maybe

How did the church service go?
--
John *H*

Tim Tim is offline

On May 27, 7:28*am, wrote:
The Georgia DNR reports that over Memorial Day weekend, boating on
Lake Lanier was down 50%.

We didn't go out at all this weekend.
1. wifes health
2. constant threat of rain. (which it did)
3. monster fuel prices
4. involved with Memorial Day services at church and at three
cemeteries.

July 4?

Maybe

How did the church service go?
--
John *H*

Excellent. the bulletin was a hit. Plus we had a guest retired O-5
deliver an outstanding sermon.

Wonderful day.

On May 27, 7:28*am, wrote:
The Georgia DNR reports that over Memorial Day weekend, boating on
Lake Lanier was down 50%.

We didn't go out at all this weekend.
1. wifes health
2. constant threat of rain. (which it did)
3. monster fuel prices
4. involved with Memorial Day services at church and at three
cemeteries.

July 4?

Maybe

How did the church service go?
--
John *H*

Excellent. the bulletin was a hit. Plus we had a guest retired O-5
deliver an outstanding sermon.

Wonderful day.

Fantastic. I knew it would be a hit. It had just the right flavor.
--
John *H*

On May 28, 8:30*am, "jamesgangnc" wrote:
"John H." wrote in message

On Tue, 27 May 2008 09:24:32 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On May 27, 11:39 am, (Richard Casady)
wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2008 05:58:02 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Is it still low?? Around here in NC the lakes are briming. Kerr is
like 5
or 6 feet over pool and the Corp is letting water out of the rest to
keep
them from being too high.

Here in central Iowa, the local flood control/recreation lake is
twenty feet above normal. Lots of beaches and boat ramps are closed.

Casady

It was a zoo at Falls Lake in Raleigh NC on Saturday. *Boats
everywhere.

That's good news! It makes my plan to move to the Wake Forest area more
tenable. (Sure hope I used that word properly!)
--
John *H*

The start of summer around here is usually busy with a high percentage of
newbees crowded around at the ramp. *It's entertaining if you don't let it
get to you. *But the high boat traffic made the lake a bit choppy. *After a
month or so traffic will drop off a bit. *I suspect that some number of
people get into boating and decide it's not really their cup of tea.- Hide quoted text -

I tend to help them so they'll know what to do next time.

wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2008 05:58:02 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Is it still low?? *Around here in NC the lakes are briming. *Kerr is like 5
or 6 feet over pool and the Corp is letting water out of the rest to keep
them from being too high.

Here in central Iowa, the local flood control/recreation lake is
twenty feet above normal. Lots of beaches and boat ramps are closed.

Casady

It was a zoo at Falls Lake in Raleigh NC on Saturday. *Boats
everywhere.

That's good news! It makes my plan to move to the Wake Forest area more
tenable. (Sure hope I used that word properly!)
--
John *H*

Not to worry, if the cast of fools finds any typo, misused word, etc.
they'll certainly admonish you, call you names for months, insult you
forever and on and on.