Default Boating use down

On May 27, 10:58*am, wrote:
On May 27, 10:47*am, wrote:

On May 27, 9:59*am, wrote:

On May 27, 9:53*am, Larry wrote:

wrote in news:a64264ac-9f95-4b7f-8dd4-0ad0217a0030@
34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

The Georgia DNR reports that over Memorial Day weekend, boating on
Lake Lanier was down 50%.

POWERBOAT use on Charleston Harbor was down a lot more than 50%. *The
sailboaters rejoicing so loud is kinda disgusting....(c;

Even up the river at my house there was almost no waterskiing going on. *
Jetski use was also much less on the Ashley River at Charleston.

With the cost of gasoline, middle income folks with 20 something
footers have to decide between 10 trips to the water, and the week at
the cottage/trip to disney... Many are choosing the vacation over the
boat. BTW, I am going to try to build a Brockway if my health holds
out. I will let you all know when it goes on sale, you all have first
dibs... My boats use an average of 2 *to 10 gallons a day

Scotty from Smallboats.com
Trip-Reports.com
and a new kind of lame one,
RowdyMouseRacing.com

Where do you get your plans and/or templates? I like to build one!- Hide quoted text -

I draw em up or buy them. If you want to build a workskiff, I can set
you up fine. I will follow up by email.- Hide quoted text -

Cool beans! And give me your land address, looks like I'll have favors
to return!
Senior Member

On May 27, 11:23*am, wrote:
On May 27, 10:58*am, wrote:

On May 27, 10:47*am, wrote:

On May 27, 9:59*am, wrote:

On May 27, 9:53*am, Larry wrote:

[...]

to return!- Hide quoted text -

We could build them on line if you want. Maybe folks here would be
interested to watch.... I could go do it at the builders group, but
this will just be a knockdown slap up build... got a digital camera?

On May 27, 11:35*am, wrote:
On May 27, 11:23*am, wrote:

On May 27, 10:58*am, wrote:

On May 27, 10:47*am, wrote:

On May 27, 9:59*am, wrote:

On May 27, 9:53*am, Larry wrote:

[...]

this will just be a knockdown slap up build... *got a digital camera?- Hide quoted text -

That'd be pretty cool! Guess we'd post progress pics ever so often.

On May 27, 11:39*am, (Richard Casady)
wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2008 05:58:02 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Is it still low?? *Around here in NC the lakes are briming. *Kerr is like 5
or 6 feet over pool and the Corp is letting water out of the rest to keep
them from being too high.

Here in central Iowa, the local flood control/recreation lake is
twenty feet above normal. Lots of beaches and boat ramps are closed.

Casady

It was a zoo at Falls Lake in Raleigh NC on Saturday. Boats
everywhere.

wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2008 05:58:02 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Is it still low?? Around here in NC the lakes are briming. Kerr is like
5
or 6 feet over pool and the Corp is letting water out of the rest to
keep
them from being too high.

Here in central Iowa, the local flood control/recreation lake is
twenty feet above normal. Lots of beaches and boat ramps are closed.

Casady

It was a zoo at Falls Lake in Raleigh NC on Saturday. Boats
everywhere.

It turned cold last week, which kept down a lot of the outdoor activities.
8" of snow at Donner Pass in the sierras. Trying to get out tomorrow for
some shad fishing in Sacramento.

On Tue, 27 May 2008 08:35:19 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On May 27, 11:23*am, wrote:
On May 27, 10:58*am, wrote:

On May 27, 10:47*am, wrote:

On May 27, 9:59*am, wrote:

On May 27, 9:53*am, Larry wrote:

[...]

I'd love to watch!
--
John *H*
Senior Member

wrote:

On May 27, 11:23*am, wrote:
On May 27, 10:58*am, wrote:

On May 27, 10:47*am, wrote:

On May 27, 9:59*am, wrote:

On May 27, 9:53*am, Larry wrote:

[...]

John *H*- Hide quoted text -

I knew you were weird.. anyway, grab a rasp and put on a mask and you
can watch "that side" for me If my health allows me to pull it off,
I will post pics...
Tim Tim is offline

On May 27, 7:28*am, wrote:
The Georgia DNR reports that over Memorial Day weekend, boating on
Lake Lanier was down 50%.

We didn't go out at all this weekend.
1. wifes health
2. constant threat of rain. (which it did)
3. monster fuel prices
4. involved with Memorial Day services at church and at three
cemeteries.

July 4?

Maybe