Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default 75 horse Evinrude on a 17 ft Glastron

This is the update to an eight mile an hour 75 horse evinrude on the 17 ft
Glastron.
On my first time out with the boat I had forgotten to put the plug in before
launching. It was in the water at least fiteen to twenty minutes before I
realized the plug hadnt been inserted.
It happens! Been a long time since I had put a boat in the water. Anyhow we
plugged it and turned on the bilge pump and started pumping till we saw the
spray. Holding the old cracked plastic
elbow in place we pumped till it quit pumping water. I found out it was
still full of water, thats the reason it only went eight miles an hour. The
bilge pump wasnt pumping any water from under
the main deck where the plug hole is located. I cant see anyplace to put the
pump hose through the deck. There is a twelve gallon gas tank that blocks
most of the area. Did Glastron put a hole in the top deck anywhere for a
bilge pump ? Or do I need to drill a hole of my own near the back somewhere
to insert a one inch hose to the bottom of the boat for pumping ?
When I pulled the plug this afternoon there wasnt a drop of water this time
and the boat actually got up to twenty eight miles an hour according to the
gps. I took the cover off the engine and can manually move the throttle
about another inch for mor speed but was thinking it might be set back a
little purposely for some reason unknown to me other than to protect the
engine for longer life.
I paid twenty five hundred for the 1971 Glastron Crestflite with the seventy
five horse 1983 Evinrude. Im now thinking it wasnt a bad deal after
all...... Regards All Jim

75 horse evinrude on a 17 ft glastron Jim Swope jr General 6 May 19th 08 09:47 PM
Getting back on the horse again mr.b Cruising 2 February 8th 07 10:06 PM
Hobby Horse? Gordon Cruising 19 December 17th 06 10:28 AM
Glastron Mike in Texas General 10 August 5th 05 10:12 PM
F/S 24' Glastron don seymour General 0 July 23rd 03 06:37 PM