Jim Swope jr Jim Swope jr is offline

Default 75 horse Evinrude on a 17 ft Glastron

I guess this must be a really old pump or for somthing else because it does
have an inlet hose and an outlet. I see the new pumps are pretty much like a
sump pump with only an outlet.
And i guess I cant find any way to get the pump hose, let alone a newer
type pump body down into the transom area unless I remove the fuel tank. I
will dig around some more to see if I can find access to where the pump
needs to be.
wrote in message
On Sat, 24 May 08, "Jim Swope jr" wrote:
bilge pump wasnt pumping any water from under
the main deck where the plug hole is located. I cant see anyplace to put
the
pump hose through the deck. There is a twelve gallon gas tank that blocks
most of the area. Did Glastron put a hole in the top deck anywhere for a
bilge pump ? Or do I need to drill a hole of my own near the back
somewhere
to insert a one inch hose to the bottom of the boat for pumping ?

I'm not sure I'm following what you're saying. First, the boat's drain
plug is usually thru the bottom of the transom. When the bow of the
boat is tilted up, the bilge water runs aft where it either drains out
the transom hole (when it's on the trailer) or is picked up by the
bilge pump (when the transom plug is in) which is located just forward
of the transom, usually right in front of the drain hole. A bilge
pump's hose is usually for outflow. It's not a pickup hose. Water is
picked up directly by the pump housing itself which can happily
operate under water.
Is that not the way your boat is set up?

Rick