Default wiring?

just bought a 2005 24 proline. Only 29 hours on the motor, 225 mercury
sal****er xxl. First day out the temperature gauge was high but engine
still cool. Today was our third day out and we installed the GPS and
that didn’t work as well as the horn. Hopefullly it’s an easy wiring
fix but don’t wanna go out again till its fixed. Any help will be
appreciated.

HK HK is offline

katslack wrote:
just bought a 2005 24 proline. Only 29 hours on the motor, 225 mercury
sal****er xxl. First day out the temperature gauge was high but engine
still cool. Today was our third day out and we installed the GPS and
that didn’t work as well as the horn. Hopefullly it’s an easy wiring
fix but don’t wanna go out again till its fixed. Any help will be
appreciated.

If I were you, I'd have that "high" temp gauge reading checked out
before I took the boat out again, whether you think the engine was
"still cool" or not. You could have a serious problem, one that if
ignored might result in a very expensive repair bill. As in thou$and$.

It's not easy to hook a GPS up incorrectly. Perhaps if you described the
unit, how you hooked it up and the problem, someone might be able to help.

"katslack" wrote
we installed the GPS and
that didn't work as well as the horn.

I too find that when I need a horn, a GPS just won't do...

Electrical stuff not working can often be traced to corrosion in switches
and connections. As far as the temp gauge goes, I'd suggest making
absolutely sure it's not correct before going any farther.

wiring help Charlie Brown General 2 September 25th 06 01:32 AM
wiring help Blazer Fan Dan General 5 November 22nd 05 12:39 AM
Wiring Keith Jefkins General 2 September 14th 05 08:53 PM
Hi amp DC wiring Dick Locke Cruising 30 April 12th 04 03:22 PM
Mac wiring Scott Vernon ASA 7 April 12th 04 12:02 AM