BoatBanter.com

-   -   wiring? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/94131-wiring.html)

katslack April 25th 08 03:22 AM

wiring?

just bought a 2005 24 proline. Only 29 hours on the motor, 225 mercury
sal****er xxl. First day out the temperature gauge was high but engine
still cool. Today was our third day out and we installed the GPS and
that didn’t work as well as the horn. Hopefullly it’s an easy wiring
fix but don’t wanna go out again till its fixed. Any help will be
appreciated.

Jim April 25th 08 01:56 PM

wiring?

"katslack" wrote in message
news:365823_7111f71af502fc7d99529e0111d4e55d@0000. com...
just bought a 2005 24 proline. Only 29 hours on the motor, 225 mercury
sal****er xxl. First day out the temperature gauge was high but engine
still cool. Today was our third day out and we installed the GPS and
that didn’t work as well as the horn. Hopefullly it’s an easy wiring
fix but don’t wanna go out again till its fixed. Any help will be
appreciated.

Tell us about it.

HK April 25th 08 02:11 PM

wiring?

katslack wrote:
just bought a 2005 24 proline. Only 29 hours on the motor, 225 mercury
sal****er xxl. First day out the temperature gauge was high but engine
still cool. Today was our third day out and we installed the GPS and
that didn’t work as well as the horn. Hopefullly it’s an easy wiring
fix but don’t wanna go out again till its fixed. Any help will be
appreciated.

If I were you, I'd have that "high" temp gauge reading checked out
before I took the boat out again, whether you think the engine was
"still cool" or not. You could have a serious problem, one that if
ignored might result in a very expensive repair bill. As in thou$and$.

It's not easy to hook a GPS up incorrectly. Perhaps if you described the
unit, how you hooked it up and the problem, someone might be able to help.

Ernest Scribbler April 25th 08 04:06 PM

wiring?

"katslack" wrote
we installed the GPS and
that didn't work as well as the horn.

I too find that when I need a horn, a GPS just won't do...

Electrical stuff not working can often be traced to corrosion in switches
and connections. As far as the temp gauge goes, I'd suggest making
absolutely sure it's not correct before going any farther.