Default Open Bow vs Cuddy Cabin

On Apr 22, 8:36*am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 07:23:31 -0400, "jamesgangnc"
wrote:

My experience is that everyone is in a bathing
suit and just jumps in the lake to pee

Um....I don't know about that. *Mrs. Wave isn't that proletarian. *I
suspect that most other women, what with their unique
physiologies/anatomies and moments of periodic infirmities (like the
way I put that?) would prefer not to jump into the lake to perform
bodily functions.

Glad to know I'm not the only one - my wife for reasons I can't fathom
just refuses to pee outside or in the water, she just has no interest
in doing so; makes for extra logistical challenges when I take her out
with me on the waverunner for the day, for her comfort I have to plan
for stops at a marina or restaurant or public beach with facilities at
least every few hours. (I know, it sounds bad and it is a pain, but
she's nice and much more low-maintenance in most other ways!)

richforman

Ok - so I'm completely biased ...

For us, the bowrider was a better choice for both of us (she has no
problem dropping into the water for a refreshing break - even in Lake
Erie !!!) and that's what we've had in the last three boats. The one
before that, a 23' Maxxum, was a cuddy but like many others have
stated, it was used for nothing but storage. Our current bowrider,
the 24' Baja, has the fully enclosed space for a porta-potty but we
don't have one in the boat. Instead the storage area is used for - ta
daaaa - storage :-)

Also, as one other poster mentioned - it's got a small-block engine,
but still capable of delivering plenty of power. It's a 6.2L
Mercruiser putting out 320hp.

oh yea - and it's FOR SALE. And our next boat will be a bowrider
also :-)

-------------------------------------
G.D. Smith
Harpers Ferry, WV

FOR SALE: 2003 Baja 242 Islander
http://ICanHelp56.homestead.com/Baja001.html

and if you need a truck to tow it with, we have that available also.
But ONLY as a
package with the boat. I don't really want to sell the truck, but if
it helps move the boat ...

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
My experience with that is the reverse.....
JR
snerk

The wimmez will appreciate the head the most. :)

"JR North" wrote in message
.. .

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
My experience with that is the reverse.....
JR
snerk

The wimmez will appreciate the head the most. :)

Talk about peeing in the river
http://www.bigducky.com/videos/funny...-pee-prank.htm

Tim Tim is offline

On Apr 22, 10:47*am, "Don White" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

On Apr 22, 7:51 am, "jamesgangnc" wrote:

The majority of the small cuddies in use that I have been aboard have
simply
been a big ski locker/junk storage. You want to sacrifice a third of the
boat to be a bathroom. In that size range they are just hot and cramped.

I'd have to agree to a point. I have a 23' cuddie w 350 GM). I like
it. it's big, yet agile, rides well and is a pleasure to ride and
drive. It's too big to be a runabout, and too small to be a cruiser.
and you sit high, and comfortable, but it's also not a bubble boat,
and the cabin? May as well not be. There's not room to sleep in it, no
room for really any kind of accessories, and yes, I wold have to say
its more of a storage locker for "stuff". Oh, it would be perfect for
carrying supplies for doing a good camping weekend on a lake or river,
but that's really about it. another unfortunate thinng about my cuddie
is that the only really accessable part of the floor space is about
the aft half of the boat. I wish that really didn't have the cabin
part, and wasn't necessarily open bow, but a short closed bow. That
would give much more free space for passengers and moving around and
ample space for storage.

But I bought the boat really right, and It's still well worth what I
gave for it, so. I can't (or shouldn't) complain.

Odd. *I spent three nights in the cabin of my 18.5 foot sailboat last
August.
It was cramped but I only went there to sleep. * I was lucky that we had
access to a washroom each night so I avoided using my MSD.

I think a sail boat is laid out a little bit differently, though.
Plus... Don, are you 6'4"?

For me it's kind of hard curling up on a triangle.........

Thanks. I'd never get my wife to stick her toe in the water there even in
August...southern belle that she is. But the 70s was what I grew up with
swimming in Long Island Sound in the Connecticut summers.

Listen to your wife, Krausie. After all she's a medical doctor. By the
way, where is her degree from?

"Tim" wrote in message
snip:
I think a sail boat is laid out a little bit differently, though.
Plus... Don, are you 6'4"?
snip:

Good Lord...another 6' 4" poster.
Anyone normal down there? ;-)

Tim Tim is offline

On Apr 22, 8:51*pm, "Don White" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

snip:
I think a sail boat is laid out a little bit differently, though.
Plus... Don, are you 6'4"?
snip:

Good Lord...another 6' 4" poster.
Anyone normal down there? * *;-)

Well, actually 6'3.5"

But I figure that's close enough.... anyhow, it still makes for a
tight sack in a cuddie. Now the old 27' Cavalier? I slept many a
comfortble night on that old rig.
Tim Tim is offline

On Apr 22, 9:31*pm, "JimH" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

On Apr 22, 8:37 am, "JimH" wrote:

"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in
messagenews:1pmr04pk9g2oorf2le492ns3t4j2g5vtht@4ax .com...

wrote:

My experience is that everyone is in a bathing
suit and just jumps in the lake to pee

Um....I don't know about that. Mrs. Wave isn't that proletarian. I
suspect that most other women, what with their unique
physiologies/anatomies and moments of periodic infirmities (like the
way I put that?) would prefer not to jump into the lake to perform
bodily functions.

Privacy curtains aren't an answer either for obvious reasons.

I think in his case, cuddy is probably the only way to go.

I agree. Lake Erie water is presently 42 degrees and does not warm up for
swimming until the end of June.

You just don't see many bowriders on Lake Erie. They are more for inland
lake use.

BTW, My cuddie came from the edge of Ohio and was used on Lake Erie
for many years....

=============

Toledo?- Hide quoted text -

No, just outside of Cincinnati, I think...

Can't rememeber the town, but I can find out though. I have the old
trailer license plate in the garage. it would probably tell the
county, even. i thought it ws interesting that the trailer plat would
have two stickers on it. One in each upper corner.
Tim Tim is offline

On Apr 22, 1:29*pm, "John" wrote:

LOL - I have had women on my open bow scoot out over the edge and slip the
suit aside - But most simply jump in the water to relieve themselves. *

you mean something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQUA1CeiJmc