Default boating and camping

Anyone know of a good place to camp in Sarasota Florida area. Can
travel by sailboat or minivan with the Brady Bunch. Kids are on Spring
Break driving me crazy.
Jim Jim is offline

"sailmonstermomma" wrote in message
Anyone know of a good place to camp in Sarasota Florida area. Can
travel by sailboat or minivan with the Brady Bunch. Kids are on Spring
Break driving me crazy.

A little further North, you can boat camp or camp on the hard at Fort Desoto
in the Tampa St Pete area. It is a very nice county park. Rates are
reasonable in the summertime. In Sarasota there is Sun N Fun Resort.

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:52:57 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

"sailmonstermomma" wrote in message
Anyone know of a good place to camp in Sarasota Florida area. Can
travel by sailboat or minivan with the Brady Bunch. Kids are on Spring
Break driving me crazy.

A little further North, you can boat camp or camp on the hard at Fort Desoto
in the Tampa St Pete area. It is a very nice county park. Rates are
reasonable in the summertime. In Sarasota there is Sun N Fun Resort.

And further south you can anchor in Pelican Bay on the north end of
Cayo Costa Island (just south of Boca Grande), go ashore at the ranger
station dock, and camp in the park just off the beach on the Gulf
side. They have a limited number of rustic cabins also.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/cayocosta/

On Apr 2, 7:11*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:52:57 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

"sailmonstermomma" wrote in message
Anyone know of *a good place to camp in Sarasota Florida area. Can
travel by sailboat or minivan with the Brady Bunch. Kids are on Spring
Break driving me crazy.

A little further North, you can boat camp or camp on the hard at Fort Desoto
in the Tampa St Pete area. It is a very nice county park. Rates are
reasonable in the summertime. In Sarasota there is Sun N Fun Resort.

And further south you can anchor in Pelican Bay on the north end of
Cayo Costa Island (just south of Boca Grande), go ashore at the ranger
station dock, and camp in the park just off the beach on the Gulf
side. *They have a limited number of rustic cabins also.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/cayocosta/

Cayo Costa is great we have done that trip.
I think we are going to try a place called snake island. have you
heard of it? We go during the day sometimes but have never stayed the
night. Rustic is for sure no bathrooms cabins fresh water. It will be
fun.

On Apr 2, 9:08*pm, sailmonstermomma wrote:
On Apr 2, 7:11*pm, Wayne.B wrote:

[...]

fun.- Hide quoted text -

The Sun Spree is lots of fun

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 18:08:55 -0700 (PDT), sailmonstermomma
wrote:

Cayo Costa is great we have done that trip.
I think we are going to try a place called snake island. have you
heard of it? We go during the day sometimes but have never stayed the
night. Rustic is for sure no bathrooms cabins fresh water. It will be
fun.

I'm not familiar with Snake Island.

It's a much longer trip but there is camping on the beach at Cape
Sable, south of Little Shark River in the Everglades. I believe you
first need to get a back country permit from the Everglades National
Park Service.

On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 22:31:12 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

I'm not familiar with Snake Island.

I wonder why they call it Snake Island.

Have anything to do with snakes maybe? :)

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 02:41:52 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

I'm not familiar with Snake Island.

I wonder why they call it Snake Island.

Have anything to do with snakes maybe? :)

Snakes are not unheard of here in south Florida. Every once in a
while one will scare the heck out of the admiral and I'll have to
scrape her off the ceiling. Of course we've got alligators in great
abundance also but they don't care for salt water and beaches all that
much. During the mating season all bets are off. They just get
lonely and go out for a walk. :-)

On Apr 2, 4:23*pm, sailmonstermomma wrote:
Anyone know of *a good place to camp in Sarasota Florida area. Can
travel by sailboat or minivan with the Brady Bunch. Kids are on Spring
Break driving me crazy.

Myakka River State Park is nice, it's not on the coast though:
http://www.myakkariver.org/index.html

And Little Manatee is nice also:

http://www.floridastateparks.org/littlemanateeriver/

wrote:
I'm not familiar with Snake Island.

I wonder why they call it Snake Island.

Have anything to do with snakes maybe? *:)

Not sure how it got the name but no snakes yet.

Another boating first and boat-in camping summary Bryan General 3 July 18th 06 09:02 PM
Camping in the PA, NJ, area Kernix General 13 April 13th 06 05:26 PM
Sea Kayak Camping Drew Cutter General 20 February 3rd 06 05:54 PM
Ontario Camping Fees akasharkbow General 1 April 25th 04 04:07 PM
Reef camping in Belize Robert Mockan Boat Building 2 March 17th 04 04:09 AM