Default $3.99 diesel...

Regular self service gas increased to 1.22 per litre overnight.

****, I guess we're lucky here in Ontario. The price is only 1.08 per
litre at the highest.

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:42:09 -0700, Tim wrote:

On Mar 14, 3:57Â*pm, HK wrote:
Yikes.

Major league service station near the Washington beltway. Saw the sign
from the road.

Regular grade gasoline, paid $3.19 a gallon earlier today at a WaWa.

WaWa?

It's a convenience store. Probably, the major chain in the S. Jersey/
Maryland area.

Harry, do you shop at Walmart?

On Mar 14, 3:57 pm, HK wrote:
Yikes.

Major league service station near the Washington beltway. Saw the sign
from the road.

Regular grade gasoline, paid $3.19 a gallon earlier today at a WaWa.
WaWa?

It's a convenience store. Probably, the major chain in the S. Jersey/
Maryland area.

Great sandwiches and even better gas prices.

I happened to be on hwy 17 heading west from Fredricksburg yesterday. Close
to I-95, gas was $3.29/gallong. Five miles further west it went to $3.09.
It's not all the fault of the oil companies.
--
John H

"Eat Me, Trolls" wrote in message

Regular self service gas increased to 1.22 per litre overnight.

****, I guess we're lucky here in Ontario. The price is only 1.08 per
litre at the highest.

What the*ell! I'm sure we have more taxes loaded onto each litre but
that's quite a difference.

On Sat, 15 Mar 08, John H. wrote:
I happened to be on hwy 17 heading west from Fredricksburg yesterday. Close
to I-95, gas was $3.29/gallong. Five miles further west it went to $3.09.
It's not all the fault of the oil companies.

Best price I could find here (MS Coast) for 87 Oct yesterday was
$3.179.
30 miles inland at a Walmart was $3.109 for cash, $3.029 for Walmart
Card holders.
80 miles inland the prices were about the same as the Coast (I didn't
see a Walmart up there)

Rick

"Eat Me, Trolls" wrote in message

Hard to believe, knowing that Diesel Fuel costs LESS to make than
Gasoline.....

Depends, if you have a spare refinery, the market would be happy if you
could supply some.

"Don White" wrote in message

"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Yikes.

Major league service station near the Washington beltway. Saw the sign
from the road.

Regular grade gasoline, paid $3.19 a gallon earlier today at a WaWa.

Regular self service gas increased to 1.22 per litre overnight. (
$4.61 US gallon)
It will stay there until next Thursday when it'll go up or down at the
whim of our regulation committee.
http://www.gov.ns.ca/news/details.asp?id=20060627004

A motor fuels regulation committee, that priceless!

We thought is was going to protect us from the greedy oil
industry..instead it protects the small independent service stations from
undercutting by the big oil companies. I know...the provincial service
station dealers association president is on the price setting committee.
He had been married to the sister of two of my brother-in-laws.

I can't believe this massive stupidity. The oil industry is not
manipulating anything.

First and foremost, the USD is devaluating in a very significant way.
Artificially low interest rates have all but crushed the
mortgage/loan/sub-prime markets. No one wants to lend them money unless
they are looking to loose it. So the government prints it and keeps
interest rates artificially low. Essentially a financial crisis of
monumental proportions. And the government is window dressing it.

While this policy has the effect of keeping loan rates artificially low
(popular with the credit generation) it has a nasty side effect of
inflation - higher costs on all import/internationally priced resources.
This includes natural gas and oil. It is likely $5 gallon will be this
years peak.

The next issue is demand, world wide demand is up. But this is minor to
above, it does contribute. Maybe add some refinery capacity shortages.

Write you congress person about monetary policy, and state you want the USD
to not join par with the peso.

"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
Don White wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Yikes.

Major league service station near the Washington beltway. Saw the sign
from the road.

Regular grade gasoline, paid $3.19 a gallon earlier today at a WaWa.

Regular self service gas increased to 1.22 per litre overnight. (
$4.61 US gallon)
It will stay there until next Thursday when it'll go up or down at the
whim of our regulation committee.
http://www.gov.ns.ca/news/details.asp?id=20060627004
A motor fuels regulation committee, that priceless!

We thought is was going to protect us from the greedy oil
industry..instead it protects the small independent service stations from
undercutting by the big oil companies. I know...the provincial service
station dealers association president is on the price setting committee.
He had been married to the sister of two of my brother-in-laws.

Price controls produce artificial markets.

In this market, price controls will get you shortages and no one will sell
to you.

"Eat Me, Trolls" wrote in message

Regular self service gas increased to 1.22 per litre overnight.

****, I guess we're lucky here in Ontario. The price is only 1.08 per
litre at the highest.

You are being sheltered as the USD currency is the cause, not the Canadian
loonie. However do expect the loonie to start getting affected. You too
will likely see $1.50 litre this summer.

Looking for a diesel launch or 24ft or smaller cc diesel Ratliff Logging and Management General 3 October 14th 10 04:38 AM
Eau de Diesel Frogwatch Cruising 9 February 10th 07 01:03 AM
Old diesel dave Boat Building 3 September 30th 03 09:59 PM
Which diesel stewart menday General 0 August 18th 03 08:23 AM