Canuck57[_2_] Canuck57[_2_] is offline

Default $3.99 diesel...

"Don White" wrote in message

"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Yikes.

Major league service station near the Washington beltway. Saw the sign
from the road.

Regular grade gasoline, paid $3.19 a gallon earlier today at a WaWa.

Regular self service gas increased to 1.22 per litre overnight. (
$4.61 US gallon)
It will stay there until next Thursday when it'll go up or down at the
whim of our regulation committee.
http://www.gov.ns.ca/news/details.asp?id=20060627004

A motor fuels regulation committee, that priceless!

We thought is was going to protect us from the greedy oil
industry..instead it protects the small independent service stations from
undercutting by the big oil companies. I know...the provincial service
station dealers association president is on the price setting committee.
He had been married to the sister of two of my brother-in-laws.

I can't believe this massive stupidity. The oil industry is not
manipulating anything.

First and foremost, the USD is devaluating in a very significant way.
Artificially low interest rates have all but crushed the
mortgage/loan/sub-prime markets. No one wants to lend them money unless
they are looking to loose it. So the government prints it and keeps
interest rates artificially low. Essentially a financial crisis of
monumental proportions. And the government is window dressing it.

While this policy has the effect of keeping loan rates artificially low
(popular with the credit generation) it has a nasty side effect of
inflation - higher costs on all import/internationally priced resources.
This includes natural gas and oil. It is likely $5 gallon will be this
years peak.

The next issue is demand, world wide demand is up. But this is minor to
above, it does contribute. Maybe add some refinery capacity shortages.

Write you congress person about monetary policy, and state you want the USD
to not join par with the peso.