Canuck57[_2_] Canuck57[_2_] is offline

Default $3.99 diesel...

"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
Don White wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Yikes.

Major league service station near the Washington beltway. Saw the sign
from the road.

Regular grade gasoline, paid $3.19 a gallon earlier today at a WaWa.

Regular self service gas increased to 1.22 per litre overnight. (
$4.61 US gallon)
It will stay there until next Thursday when it'll go up or down at the
whim of our regulation committee.
http://www.gov.ns.ca/news/details.asp?id=20060627004
A motor fuels regulation committee, that priceless!

We thought is was going to protect us from the greedy oil
industry..instead it protects the small independent service stations from
undercutting by the big oil companies. I know...the provincial service
station dealers association president is on the price setting committee.
He had been married to the sister of two of my brother-in-laws.

Price controls produce artificial markets.

In this market, price controls will get you shortages and no one will sell
to you.