Texas Striper Fisherman

Default Striper and Bay Boat Choices????

I am looking for a center console bay boat mostly for deep water
striper fishing in Texas. It might be used in the bay a couple of
times a year. I am looking in the 20-24 ft range. I have been
impressed by the Polar 2310, Skeeter ZX2400, Pathfinder 2400V, Boston
Whaler Dauntless 22, and a variety of others…. Kenner, Carolina Skiff,
Sea Hunt…

The Polar really impressed me by its design, but I have heard bad
things about their quality.

Do you guys who know these types of boats have any thoughts? Any
advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Rich Stern

I am looking for a center console bay boat mostly for deep water
striper fishing in Texas. It might be used in the bay a couple of
times a year. I am looking in the 20-24 ft range. I have been
impressed by the Polar 2310, Skeeter ZX2400, Pathfinder 2400V, Boston
Whaler Dauntless 22, and a variety of others…. Kenner, Carolina Skiff,
Sea Hunt…

The Polar really impressed me by its design, but I have heard bad
things about their quality.

Do you guys who know these types of boats have any thoughts? Any
advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I'd be interested to hear what you know about Polar quality. The Polar 2310
also doubles as the Fishmaster 2350 (the Travis version of the same boat,
slightly different options).

I've looked at many of the same boats you list as potential replacements for my
bass boat because I want to do more striper fishing. The cream of the crop
seems to be the Ranger 2180 and 2300 models. They are pricey, but Ranger's
reputation for quality is very good. I haven't seen a layout I like better.
They have bigger rear casting decks than most other models, which I prefer for
a boat that will do both trolling and casting duty.

-- Rich Stern
www.nitroowners.com - The Nitro and Tracker Owners Web Site
www.mypontoon.com - The Pontoon Boat Web Site
www.fishingreportdatabase.com - The Fishing Report Database
www.mysporttrac.com - The Sport Trac Web Site

Basspro*

Out of the ones you listed I could definitely recommend the Boston
Whaler, Pathfinder, and Sea Hunt. The Polar is also a good boat but
not comparable to the three I just mentioned. Also, you may want to
check into a Sea Pro. The other follow up post mentioned a Ranger.
Ranger is just about as good as you can get but extremely pricey. If
you are willing to spend the money on a Ranger you probably wouldn't
be mentioning the Carolina Skiff or Polar. Good luck. Just remember to
look at the little things i.e. the Boston Whaler won't sink, the
Pathfinder comes loaded with options, etc. Also, if you can get a
Yamaha as the outboard that would be a plus. I have a Mercury and know
many who do and all of us would trade in for a Yamaha in a heartbeat
if we could. Also, Honda makes a great 4-stroke.