Default $100.88

On Feb 27, 1:28*pm, wrote:
On Feb 27, 1:00*pm, hkrause wrote:

D-unit wrote:
"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
The price of a bbl of oil last night.

Average retail price for a gallon of unleaded regular, in this state,
is now $3.35. That's up 85-cents from the same time last year. Premium
typically runs about 30 cents more. The annual spring price gouge we
have endured each of the last several years should be getting underway
very soon, as the
refiners all claim to be passing along the costs of converting from
winter to summer formulations.

The challenge for boaters who don't care and say, "We can afford to
pay for fuel, regardless of the cost", will be the disappearing
infrastructure.

When the working man has to give up boating because he can't afford to
fuel up for a weekend's outing, it guts the infrastructure that
everybody depends on. Without the critical mass of the small boaters,
many of the service businesses and retailers upon which the entire
boating community relies cannot remain in business. There is less
justification *for the state to set aside marine parks or otherwise
prioritize boating recreation.

I wish I had a solution. I don't. But when poor families are facing a
"heat or eat" decision every week while BIGOILCO makes *$40-billion
profits
it's possible to see the human tragedy in play, even without being
able to identify a solution.

And this is with a gasoline surplus.. *Just wait till supplies run low.

Ouch.

db

No mystery here...just bend over for Big Oil and its facilitators in the
Bush Administration.- Hide quoted text -

Did you ever think our enemies who seem to control the oil and
terrorism have nothing to do with this? It is a fact that you can not
dispute that these terrorist regimes want to raise the prices and make
the repubs look bad and get voted out of office. After all, repubs
shoot back when we are attacked, dems talk....- Hide quoted text -

Take a look at historical data and you'll see something astonishing.
It seems that talking works! All that happens when we think we are
going after the "enemy" is **** them off. After all, it doesn't make
very good business sense at all. Think about it. What if, say, you
were making widgets and I was the sole manufacturer of the number one
component that those widgets needed to operate. Would you think I'd be
more than likely to work with you, monetarily wise if you were decent
to me, or if you ****ed me off?

On Feb 27, 1:11*pm, "JimH" wrote:
wrote in message

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 08:12:53 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould
wrote:

The challenge for boaters who don't care and say, "We can afford to
pay for fuel, regardless of the cost", will be the disappearing
infrastructure.

I suspect this will result in even higher prices for fuel "on the
water" if they can't sustain the volume necessary to absorb the fixed
costs of maintaing fueling facillities. More people will be sneaking
jerry cans into the marina too.
I am sure happy I went down a notch on my last repower. I like being
able to putt around at a gallon an hour or so. I am not sure how those
guys with the V-8s do it but I have noticed they are not doing it as
often. The 250HP Shearwater flats boat that I used to see blasting by
me every evening flat out, is now only coming by about once a week and
at a more conservative speed. He has his wife with him these days too.

We would have had a hard time selling our 32 footer if we had it on the
market with these gasoline prices...........especially since they have not
topped out yet. *She held 180 gallons of fuel or $700+ to fill her up at
today's fuel dock prices. *I know there are plenty of similarly boats out
there with even larger tanks.

The size of the tank means absolutely nothing.

On Feb 27, 10:17�am, "Sam" wrote:

5. If you are unhappy with the price of gasoline, you may, at any time, take
a train, ride a bike, walk, or ride the bus. All of these options will
reduce your energy costs.

I might also wish for a free and competitive market, rather than an
oligarchy.

5. If you are unhappy with the price of gasoline, you may, at any time,
take
a train, ride a bike, walk, or ride the bus. All of these options will
reduce your energy costs.

I might also wish for a free and competitive market, rather than an
oligarchy.

While I think it already is a free and competitive market, what changes
would you propose?

BAR BAR is offline

Tim wrote:

Chuck Gould wrote:
I wish I had a solution. I don't. But when poor families are facing a
"heat or eat" decision every week while BIGOILCO makes $40-billion
profits

40 Bil.

is That all?????

10% profit is 10% profit regardless of the business.

BAR BAR is offline

hkrause wrote:

No mystery here...just bend over for Big Oil and its facilitators in the
Bush Administration.

What will the price per barrel of oil be on 1/21/2009 if a Democrat
becomes the next president?

On Feb 27, 11:36*am, "Don White" wrote:
"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

... The price of a bbl of oil last night.

Average retail price for a gallon of unleaded regular, in this state,
is now $3.35. That's up 85-cents from the same time last year. Premium
typically runs about 30 cents more. The annual spring price gouge we
have endured each of the last several years should be getting underway
very soon, as the
refiners all claim to be passing along the costs of converting from
winter to summer formulations.

snip..

Wow...wish I could buy regular self serve for that price.
At 1.18 per liter... we pay at the rate of $4.46 per US gallon

Hi there!
Been gone from rec boats for about 5 yrs. Moved from central IL to the
west coast of FL. Hard to believe... same old crew is still bitching
about the same old.
And they say you can't go home again.

BAR BAR is offline

Chuck Gould wrote:
On Feb 27, 5:05�pm, "Sam" wrote:

While I think it already is a free and competitive market, what changes
would you propose?- Hide quoted text -

The same measures that were taken against other vertically integrated
oligarchies in the past. Power, phone, water, etc.

[ Big Snip ]

You want prices controls and regulation.

Why don't we limit profit to 1% on everything. One percent profit should
be enough shouldn't it?

Why do you believe in a free market when it comes to selling boats and
cars but not when it comes to selling oil.

What I want to know is why is gasoline at the pump so cheap compared to
the cost of a bbl of crude? When oil was $50 a bbl we were paying $3 per
gallon of gas and now that oil is $100 a bbl we are still paying $3 per
gallon. Why?

"BAR" wrote in message
Chuck Gould wrote:
On Feb 27, 5:05?pm, "Sam" wrote:

While I think it already is a free and competitive market, what changes
would you propose?- Hide quoted text -

The same measures that were taken against other vertically integrated
oligarchies in the past. Power, phone, water, etc.

[ Big Snip ]

You want prices controls and regulation.

Why don't we limit profit to 1% on everything. One percent profit should
be enough shouldn't it?

Why do you believe in a free market when it comes to selling boats and
cars but not when it comes to selling oil.

What I want to know is why is gasoline at the pump so cheap compared to
the cost of a bbl of crude? When oil was $50 a bbl we were paying $3 per
gallon of gas and now that oil is $100 a bbl we are still paying $3 per
gallon. Why?

I think you're a little off on the price of gas vs. crude. AT $50/bbl crude
gas was in the $2.00 area. The two don't track one for one and I believe a
lot of the differential is conjured up in the trading pits.