Default Satellite Busters

This should be interesting.

The US has decided to shoot down a failed satellite that is expected to drop
out of orbit in early March.
There is concern that half of the 5,000 lb satellite may remain intact and
hit the earth in a yet unknown area.

The plan is to shoot it down before it enters the earth's atmosphere with a
missile fired from a US Navy ship.

Details at 11.

Eisboch

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:16:38 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

This should be interesting.

The US has decided to shoot down a failed satellite that is expected to drop
out of orbit in early March.
There is concern that half of the 5,000 lb satellite may remain intact and
hit the earth in a yet unknown area.

The plan is to shoot it down before it enters the earth's atmosphere with a
missile fired from a US Navy ship.

Details at 11.

Eisboch

Pentagon briefing right now.
--
John H

"Eisboch" wrote in message
This should be interesting.

The US has decided to shoot down a failed satellite that is expected to
drop
out of orbit in early March.
There is concern that half of the 5,000 lb satellite may remain intact and
hit the earth in a yet unknown area.

The plan is to shoot it down before it enters the earth's atmosphere with
missile fired from a US Navy ship.

Details at 11.

Eisboch

I suspect there are concerns which are equal in importance to safety, like
assuring that some pieces don't end up in the wrong hands. Better for them
to land in 1000 feet of water.

HK HK is offline

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message
This should be interesting.

The US has decided to shoot down a failed satellite that is expected to
drop
out of orbit in early March.
There is concern that half of the 5,000 lb satellite may remain intact and
hit the earth in a yet unknown area.

The plan is to shoot it down before it enters the earth's atmosphere with
missile fired from a US Navy ship.

Details at 11.

Eisboch

I suspect there are concerns which are equal in importance to safety, like
assuring that some pieces don't end up in the wrong hands. Better for them
to land in 1000 feet of water.

Any way it could be forced down on the vast wasteland of a certain
ersatz ranch in Crawford, Texas?

"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message
This should be interesting.

The US has decided to shoot down a failed satellite that is expected
to drop
out of orbit in early March.
There is concern that half of the 5,000 lb satellite may remain
intact and
hit the earth in a yet unknown area.

The plan is to shoot it down before it enters the earth's atmosphere
with a
missile fired from a US Navy ship.

Details at 11.

Eisboch

I suspect there are concerns which are equal in importance to safety,
like assuring that some pieces don't end up in the wrong hands.
Better for them to land in 1000 feet of water.

Any way it could be forced down on the vast wasteland of a certain
ersatz ranch in Crawford, Texas?

Leave it to Harry to use sick humor to reveal his hatred.

BAR BAR is offline

Eisboch wrote:
This should be interesting.

The US has decided to shoot down a failed satellite that is expected to drop
out of orbit in early March.
There is concern that half of the 5,000 lb satellite may remain intact and
hit the earth in a yet unknown area.

The plan is to shoot it down before it enters the earth's atmosphere with a
missile fired from a US Navy ship.

Details at 11.

The article stated that they have a "modified" missile they are going to
launch from a naval ship in the Pacific. The questions I have is what
altitude will the missile intercept the satellite and how long have we
been working on this "modified" missile?

I can't see us coming up with a "modified" missile, launched from a
surface vessel, in just a couple of months that is capable of
intercepting an object in space.

I believe this is an opportunity to flex our muscles.
HK HK is offline

BAR wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Boys and their toys...

It's too bad we don't expend the same sort of energy on diplomacy.

"HK" wrote in message
BAR wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

How does diplomatically say don't fall on me to a falling satellite???

HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:53:52 -0500, HK wrote:

BAR wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Or learning how to set waypoints.

wrote:
The truth is you aren't doing anything with waypoints in MapSource
because you don't own MapSource. We all get that, Hairless. Go play in
traffic.

Here you go, crap-for-brains -

My copy of Mapsource showing some of my waypoints:

http://tinyurl.com/3x42zw

And here's a snap of my Garmin 4208:

http://tinyurl.com/37yfl7

snerk

"BAR" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Ask the Chinese..they'll shoot down your garbage for you.

TV satellite RR Electronics 0 March 5th 07 03:54 PM
Myth Busters Hydrogen Bull [email protected] General 5 May 18th 06 04:50 AM
Myth Busters Eisboch General 3 July 7th 05 06:28 AM
NetKKKop Busters... Thank-You..but Capt. Mooron ASA 53 April 5th 05 11:26 PM
Satellite TV Fred Miller Electronics 3 July 20th 04 03:50 AM