Fred Miller

Default Satellite TV

I currently have Direct TV and TIVO at my residence but am living on the
boat this summer and would like very much to have an equivalent setup on the
boat by bring my TIVO unit and 2nd receiver box to boa tan connecting them.
The object is to be able to record a program on the TIVO unit while watching
a second on that TV while someone else is watching yet a third program on
the other TV. I already have a tri LMB dish mounted on a post next to the
boat but have been advised that I CANNOT run the 3 inputs thru my normal
boat wiring system to the receiver units as they send a voltage back to the
LMBs. The installer says that I have to run separate inputs to the TIVO
unit (2) and a third to the 2nd receiver, Any body know differently. TIA
for any advice. Fred

Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
"Fred Miller" wrote:

I currently have Direct TV and TIVO at my residence but am living on the
boat this summer and would like very much to have an equivalent setup on the
boat by bring my TIVO unit and 2nd receiver box to boa tan connecting them.
The object is to be able to record a program on the TIVO unit while watching
a second on that TV while someone else is watching yet a third program on
the other TV. I already have a tri LMB dish mounted on a post next to the
boat but have been advised that I CANNOT run the 3 inputs thru my normal
boat wiring system to the receiver units as they send a voltage back to the
LMBs. The installer says that I have to run separate inputs to the TIVO
unit (2) and a third to the 2nd receiver, Any body know differently. TIA
for any advice. Fred

What you need is a MultiSwitch, for your system. Ebay is your friend.
I just bought one for my new DirecTivo so that I can have it and my 2
old receivers all running off the one Dual LNB. cost me about $25US

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @
Fred Miller

"
What you need is a MultiSwitch, for your system. Ebay is your friend.
I just bought one for my new DirecTivo so that I can have it and my 2
old receivers all running off the one Dual LNB. cost me about $25US

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @

Bruce:

How will that work I know I can put a multi switch between the LMBs and the
boat but how can I take two separate inputs into the TIVO unit, I thought I
could use another multiswitch to split the signal into two inputs
(satellites 1 and 2 on the input side of the TIVO) but the installation
technician said no. Fred

Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
"Fred Miller" wrote:

"
What you need is a MultiSwitch, for your system. Ebay is your friend.
I just bought one for my new DirecTivo so that I can have it and my 2
old receivers all running off the one Dual LNB. cost me about $25US

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @

Bruce:

How will that work I know I can put a multi switch between the LMBs and the
boat but how can I take two separate inputs into the TIVO unit, I thought I
could use another multiswitch to split the signal into two inputs
(satellites 1 and 2 on the input side of the TIVO) but the installation
technician said no. Fred

Multiswitch has 3 inputs.
1. RHCP
2. LHCP
3. Terrestrial Tv

Multiswitch has X number of outputs. Where X is 2,4,6,8, or 16.

Each output is switched between Input Port 1 or Input Port 2,
depending on the selected channel of the DTv receiver.
If it needs RHCP then the receiver outputs +12Vdc on the antenna lead.
If it needs LHCP then the receiver outputs +18Vdc on the antenna lead.

So you connect your Tivo's Two (2) Antenna Ports to two (2)
of the MultiSwitch output ports, and connect your old
DTv Receiver up to a third output Port and have three channels
of live Tv coming into you boat. Two for the Tivo and one to the
standalone DTv Receiver.

Bruce in alaska who has six (6) DTv receivers scattered around
the homestead, all off one 1.5M dish with
a dual LNB...........
--
add a 2 before @