HK HK is offline

Default In case you haven't heard...

Roy Scheider, a stage actor with a background in the classics who
became one of the leading figures in the American film renaissance of
the 1970s, died on Sunday afternoon in Little Rock, Ark. He was 75 and
lived in Sag Harbor, N.Y.

Mr. Scheider had suffered from multiple myeloma for several years, and
died of complications from a staph infection, his wife, Brenda Seimer,
said.

Mr. Scheider's rangy figure, gaunt face and emotional openness made
him particularly appealing in everyman roles, most famously as the
agonized police chief of "Jaws," Steven Spielberg's 1975 breakthrough
hit, about a New England resort town haunted by the knowledge that a
killer shark is preying on the local beaches.

- - -

Scheider was terrific in lots of roles, but those boat scenes in Jaws
were just wonderful.

"We're going to need a bigger boat..."

HK wrote:

[...]

I hope he finds his "bigger boat".

LdB

"HK" wrote in message

[...]

I thought you did not watch drivel movies.

Calif Bill wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

[...]

If we let Harry keep going, he would quote every movie released in the
last year.

"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

[...]

Son in law and I went to see "No Country for old men". first 1/2 was great
acting and some thought. Last 1/2 was both weird and no real conclusion.
How it gets critical acclaim as one of the best movies of the year is either
because the rest of the crop is really bad, or there are different criteria
used by the professional critics.

Tim Tim is offline

On Feb 10, 11:35*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:

..*first 1/2 was great
acting and some thought. *Last 1/2 was both weird and no real conclusion..
How it gets critical acclaim as one of the best movies of the year is either
because the rest of the crop is really bad, or there are different criteria
used by the professional critics.

Sounds kind of like you're describing the 2008 Presidential race,
doesn't it...?
HK HK is offline

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

There's just nothing quite like this place.

Reginald P. Smithers XXI wrote:
On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 00:02:57 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
"Reggie is Here wrote:

If we let Harry keep going, he would quote every movie released in the
last year.

Greetings from The Future!!

Howdy Granpaw - how ya'll be?

Just a quick note: Bet the farm on BET THE FARM in the 2008 Kentucky
Derby. It's the basis of the family fortune.

I would do that, but I don't have a farm.

Reginald P. Smithers XXI wrote:

"Reggie is Here wrote:

If we let Harry keep going, he would quote every movie released in the
last year.
Greetings from The Future!!

Howdy Granpaw - how ya'll be?

Just a quick note: Bet the farm on BET THE FARM in the 2008 Kentucky
Derby. It's the basis of the family fortune.

I would do that, but I don't have a farm.

Well, you must have something because that's what the family fortune
was based on.

The family fortune is based upon screwing the little guy. Beating down
the humbled masses, taking from the poor to give to me, uses the poor
and then tossing them out in the gutter. You know typical righteous
righty stuff.

If you really were from the future, you would know that.

Reginald P. Smithers XXI wrote:

"Reggie is Here wrote:

If we let Harry keep going, he would quote every movie released in the
last year.
Greetings from The Future!!

Howdy Granpaw - how ya'll be?

Just a quick note: Bet the farm on BET THE FARM in the 2008 Kentucky
Derby. It's the basis of the family fortune.
I would do that, but I don't have a farm.
Well, you must have something because that's what the family fortune
was based on.

The family fortune is based upon screwing the little guy. Beating down
the humbled masses, taking from the poor to give to me, uses the poor
and then tossing them out in the gutter. You know typical righteous
righty stuff.

If you really were from the future, you would know that.

Yes - we are aware of that.

Which is why we are ashamed of you and want to change the viewpoint of
our family from the perspective of historical context.

If you refuse to bet the farm on BET THE FARM in this effort to change
historical context, then I guess we'll just have to...um...terminate
with extreme prejudice.

Here I am, give it your best try. I really don't care if I wipe out the
future, after all, I am a righteous righty. Now if you bump me off, you
will not exist. Now if I bump you off, I really won't care, you are
just the future of America.

Damn you people in the future must be drinking way too much kool-aid.
You are beginning to sound as stupid as the lame liberals.

I just heard.... Capt. Rob ASA 18 October 26th 06 11:37 PM
has anyone heard of a PEN YAN TUNNEL Dread Cruising 10 April 26th 04 10:40 PM
The case for Bush is the case against him Jim General 4 March 7th 04 07:38 PM