Default Boat Show wraps up in Seattle

Attendence: down a little
Big boat sales: up a little to up a lot, varying by mfgr
Small boat sales: down a little to down a lot, varying by mfgr
Senior Member

On Feb 3, 12:20*am, Chuck Gould wrote:
Attendence: down a little
Big boat sales: up a little to up a lot, varying by mfgr
Small boat sales: down a little to down a lot, varying by mfgr

A simple general definition of small and big would help me make more
of this. I mean I think of small as 8-20 feet, big from about 20 feet
and up. What say you?

wrote in message
On Feb 3, 12:20 am, Chuck Gould wrote:

Attendence: down a little
Big boat sales: up a little to up a lot, varying by mfgr
Small boat sales: down a little to down a lot, varying by mfgr

A simple general definition of small and big would help me make more
of this. I mean I think of small as 8-20 feet, big from about 20 feet
and up. What say you?

Not a simple answer. In Scituate Harbor, MA, the 52' Navigator was a *big*
boat.
In Jupiter FL and surrounding areas, it was a *small* boat.

Eisboch

Jim Jim is offline

wrote in message
On Feb 3, 12:20 am, Chuck Gould wrote:
Attendence: down a little
Big boat sales: up a little to up a lot, varying by mfgr
Small boat sales: down a little to down a lot, varying by mfgr

A simple general definition of small and big would help me make more
of this. I mean I think of small as 8-20 feet, big from about 20 feet
and up. What say you?

Use Chuck's boat as a reference. Anything smaller is small. Anything bigger
is big. Example: Harry's boat is small. Wayne's boat is big. GO PATS!!!!!

On Feb 3, 5:17�am, "Jim" wrote:
wrote in message

On Feb 3, 12:20 am, Chuck Gould wrote:

Attendence: down a little
Big boat sales: up a little to up a lot, varying by mfgr
Small boat sales: down a little to down a lot, varying by mfgr

A simple general definition of small and big would help me make more
of this. I mean I think of small as 8-20 feet, big from about 20 feet
and up. What say you?

Use Chuck's boat as a reference. Anything smaller is small. Anything bigger
is big. Example: Harry's boat is small. Wayne's boat is big. GO PATS!!!!!

For purposes of description in this thread, consider big boats to be
family cruiser or Macyacht style vessels 32-feet and up. (Even though
32-feet isn't a "big boat" by contemporary standards). Consider small
boats to be almost anything in the trailerable category.

My boat, (36' nominal, 39' actual LOA), is slightly smaller than the
most popular selling boats in this region. The bar has definitely
moved up, for those who care to get involved with pecker order (er I
mean "pecking order") comparisons based on size alone. When we get
ready to pull the plug and retire we will probably buy a brand new
boat, about 4 feet longer, with the expectation that it will last us
for the rest of our boating years. (We bought our present boat used in
the early 90's- we're not frequent traders). Owning a new boat for the
15-20 years we hope our health allows us to boat following retirement
will mitigate the catastrophic depreciation hit one normally takes
when selling a boat just a few years old. Some of my favorite
prospects would currently include the 40-foot Selene, 40-foot Fathom
40, and the Northwest 45 (although it's a bit bigger than we would
need, and more $$$ than I could comfortably justify). My preferences
may change between now and then, something new may become available,
or who knows? The decision is at least two years, and more likely four
years away.

It looks like a manufacturer wants to invite me to China to tour his
manufacturing plant there. Will see how that plays out, but it would
be an interesting trip.

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
Attendence: down a little
Big boat sales: up a little to up a lot, varying by mfgr
Small boat sales: down a little to down a lot, varying by mfgr

Leonard Cohen said it best....

Everybody Knows
from The Essential Leonard Cohen

LYRICS

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
Everybody knows that the war is over
Everybody knows the good guys lost
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
That's how it goes
Everybody knows

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 06:11:52 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould
wrote:

It looks like a manufacturer wants to invite me to China to tour his
manufacturing plant there. Will see how that plays out, but it would
be an interesting trip.

Is there any reason you wouldn't take him up on his offer?
--
John H

wrote:

It looks like a manufacturer wants to invite me to China to tour his
manufacturing plant there. Will see how that plays out, but it would
be an interesting trip.

Is there any reason you wouldn't take him up on his offer?
--
John H

None. But the offer at this point is at the casual conversation level.