Default OT : Plasma vs LCD TV

I had been reading that Plasma was the way to go with larger sets, with
the recent improvements in LCD with the 120 hz refresh rate, I thought
that might have some benefits over Plasma.

After reading this:
http://review.zdnet.com/flat-panel-a...-32468193.html

I really don't see any.

Why would someone prefer the LCD or the better Plasma models?

Default Plasma vs LCD TV

"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message
I had been reading that Plasma was the way to go with larger sets, with the
recent improvements in LCD with the 120 hz refresh rate, I thought that
might have some benefits over Plasma.

After reading this:
http://review.zdnet.com/flat-panel-a...-32468193.html

I really don't see any.

Why would someone prefer the LCD or the better Plasma models?

The plasma TV can be used to save lives when there aren't enough blood
donors. This is so obvious.

HK HK is offline

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message
I had been reading that Plasma was the way to go with larger sets, with the
recent improvements in LCD with the 120 hz refresh rate, I thought that
might have some benefits over Plasma.

After reading this:
http://review.zdnet.com/flat-panel-a...-32468193.html

I really don't see any.

Why would someone prefer the LCD or the better Plasma models?

The plasma TV can be used to save lives when there aren't enough blood
donors. This is so obvious.

This newsgroup is plagued with couch potato(e)s.
Jim Jim is offline

"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message
I had been reading that Plasma was the way to go with larger sets, with
the recent improvements in LCD with the 120 hz refresh rate, I thought
that might have some benefits over Plasma.

After reading this:
http://review.zdnet.com/flat-panel-a...-32468193.html

I really don't see any.

Why would someone prefer the LCD or the better Plasma models?

The plasma TV can be used to save lives when there aren't enough blood
donors. This is so obvious.

This newsgroup is plagued with couch potato(e)s.

And tomato(e) heads.

http://review.zdnet.com/flat-panel-a...46xbr4/4505-64...

I really don't see any.

Why would someone prefer the LCD or the better Plasma models?

The plasma TV can be used to save lives when there aren't enough blood
donors. This is so obvious.

This newsgroup is plagued with couch potato(e)s.- Hide quoted text -

Get off your fat ass then.

On Feb 1, 12:19*pm, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here
wrote:
I had been reading that Plasma was the way to go with larger sets, with
the recent improvements in LCD with the 120 hz refresh rate, I thought
that might have some benefits over Plasma.

After reading this:http://review.zdnet.com/flat-panel-a...46xbr4/4505-64...

I really don't see any.

Why would someone prefer the LCD or the better Plasma models?

DLP has a lot to offer as well...

wrote:
I had been reading that Plasma was the way to go with larger sets, with
the recent improvements in LCD with the 120 hz refresh rate, I thought
that might have some benefits over Plasma.

After reading this:
http://review.zdnet.com/flat-panel-a...46xbr4/4505-64...

I really don't see any.

Why would someone prefer the LCD or the better Plasma models?

DLP has a lot to offer as well...

I think DLP is no longer an option.

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:19:52 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
"Reggie is Here wrote:

Why would someone prefer the LCD or the better Plasma models?

Originally, I went plasma because of viewing angle problems in the
living room. - Panasonic 42".

And I don't care what kind of LCD TV it is, I can tell the difference
sitting off angle, even minor, with an LCD that I can't see on a
plasma.

Now I have an LCD in my office - Toshiba 27" because I don't sit at an
angle to the TV. Comparatively, in terms of picture color, blah,
blah, blah it's about the same in terms of performance.

So that's why I went with plasma in the living room and LCD in my
office.
BAR BAR is offline

"Reggie is Here wrote:

Why would someone prefer the LCD or the better Plasma models?

Originally, I went plasma because of viewing angle problems in the
living room. - Panasonic 42".

And I don't care what kind of LCD TV it is, I can tell the difference
sitting off angle, even minor, with an LCD that I can't see on a
plasma.

Now I have an LCD in my office - Toshiba 27" because I don't sit at an
angle to the TV. Comparatively, in terms of picture color, blah,
blah, blah it's about the same in terms of performance.

So that's why I went with plasma in the living room and LCD in my
office.

Have you ever thought about moving your throne within the living room?
Or are you just the Galactic Overlord when your wife permits?

"Reggie is Here wrote:

Why would someone prefer the LCD or the better Plasma models?

Originally, I went plasma because of viewing angle problems in the
living room. - Panasonic 42".

And I don't care what kind of LCD TV it is, I can tell the difference
sitting off angle, even minor, with an LCD that I can't see on a
plasma.

Now I have an LCD in my office - Toshiba 27" because I don't sit at an
angle to the TV. Comparatively, in terms of picture color, blah,
blah, blah it's about the same in terms of performance.

So that's why I went with plasma in the living room and LCD in my
office.

Have you ever thought about moving your throne within the living room?

Well, therein lies a story.

We have different viewing habits. I don't watch a lot of TV in prime
time. When I do, it's either something on Nat Geo, Discovery, History
or the BBC when they broadcast "Torchwood" or "Dr. Who". Occasionally
the Scifi Channel when something other than horror movies are on. Mrs.
Wave watches "Big Brother", "Survivor", the various crime shows and
"American Idol" which are anathema to me.

Also, because we moved to a small house when the last kiddie moved on,
when it's her turn for the weekly meeting of The Coven, I have to have
a place to hide because The Coven is all over the living room and
kitchen. Additionally the office is sound proofed.

Back when we still lived up the hill at the big house, it was much
easier because the barn is all setup with a separate room which used
to hold my radio equipment, wood shop and work bench. But I digress.

Additionally, because of my arthritis, I have a special chair that is
very comfortable for me to sit in - I have trouble sitting in chairs
in general, so it's just easier.

Or are you just the Galactic Overlord when your wife permits?

Expect a visit from my minions for such insolence. :)