A Freebee

Default Plasma TV --- Mother Of All RFI Producers on HF bands

http://www.eham.net/articles/4285

anybody know if LCD tv's do this?

Tom Watson

Laptops have LCD screens... I never heard anybody here complain about
them ...yet! Anybody want to start complaining?
;-P ;-)

TOM

A Freebee wrote:
http://www.eham.net/articles/4285

anybody know if LCD tv's do this?

Glenn Ashmore

Plasma screens are nothing like LCDs. LCDs use low voltages to twist
the crystals. Plasma screens use very high voltage high frequency
current to "egnite" the tiny cells of plasma. That can make a pretty
effective transmitter.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Larry W4CSC

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:23:47 -0800, A Freebee wrote:

http://www.eham.net/articles/4285

anybody know if LCD tv's do this?

Any consumer digital crap on a plastic box makes lots of noise......

Jack Painter

It all adds up, but after reading through all those old posts about Plasma
Screen TV - the evidence was not convincing, except the one chap who
obviously has a problem with his own set. I work for a comsta that has large
PSTV's surrounding the opcenter and receivers, and there is no effect
whatsoever from them. When I got rid of my old lunker computer monitor for a
flat screen LCD, it reduced the RFI from about 30 frequencies to 5. Just the
same, I don't plan on addding a pstv to my home anytime soon, I'm trying to
minimize rfi not test the limits, lol.

Jack
Va Beach