Senior Member

Default Will losses at Bank of America...

On Jan 22, 9:28*am, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 08:50:19 -0500, hk wrote:

IBM is still in business?

They actually opened a couple bucks higher today. It is still about
16-17 bucks off the 52 week high. I am still not sure what they do
these days

Except for two stocks, we got out of the stock market years ago and
don't really pay any attention to it, except to chuckle over its
vagaries and the belief anyone pays to its "integrity."

Well, it is under 12000 now at the open.. Gotta' go shovel ****, I
know that will always be there
Senior Member

On Jan 22, 9:33*am, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 22, 9:28 am, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 08:50:19 -0500, hk wrote:
IBM is still in business?
They actually opened a couple bucks higher today. It is still about
16-17 bucks off the 52 week high. I am still not sure what they do
these days
Except for two stocks, we got out of the stock market years ago and
don't really pay any attention to it, except to chuckle over its
vagaries and the belief anyone pays to its "integrity."

Well, it is under 12000 now at the open.. Gotta' go shovel ****, I
know that will always be there

Sell horsecrap futures...big market.

Maybe on Google, but I don't get my information there Out there in
the real world, the production is outdoing the demand, at least in my
neck of the woods.

wrote in message
On Jan 22, 8:55 am, "JimH" wrote:
wrote in message

On Jan 22, 8:29 am, "JimH" wrote:

"hk" wrote in message

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 08:03:03 -0500, hk
wrote:

...and Wachovia drive the DOW down a few hundred points today?

Is it the economy, stupid?

Nah - losses have been priced in by now.

It's an odd economy and I think one more like it used to be with more
reasonable lending standards and a more conservative approach to
making money. We've sold our real estate with one more to go and
there wasn't a hang up anywhere - money was available, the buyers had
solid credit and several banks were involved in pricing one loan.

That's a good thing.

On the other hand, Bernacke is completely out of his element here and
it shows. Too many academics on the Fed board and not enough
economists with market experience.

It will be an interesting day.

I'll bet you a fiver that the dow drops below 12000 today. Might not
end
up today below 12000, but it will be there for a while.

Could be.

We met with our financial advisor yesterday afternoon to arrange payoff
of
college loan. He had forecast this drop back in fall and positioned his
clients holdings in less aggressive funds.

Even the bond market is stagnant with the largest holding $12 billion in
cash waiting on the sideline to see how this all works out. If the bond
markets start to drop then you know we are in bad times.- Hide quoted
text -

If you'd have started college savings programs for your kids, then you
wouldn't have loans to pay off.
===================
What do you think we are paying it off with dummy?

The loan was 6.5% and my money was making 10%~20% over the past few years.
Do the math if you are able to, which I doubt.- Hide quoted text -

Where the hell were you getting a 20% return?

Of course not in CDs. But not really hard to do in the stock market, prior
to last the last quarter.

"DownTime" wrote in message
. ..
BAR wrote:
Also, we are in the process of deciding what new car we are going to buy.
We may be able to get a loan from with zero interest from the
dealer/manufacturer.

Be careful on that, they often provide the zero percent financing on
left-over cars or simply those stuck in inventory.

Why would that be a problem, if it's a car you want and it's not pre-owned?