Dan Dan is offline

Default Quicksilver Air Deck

I have a 8 foot Quicksilver Airdeck inflatable. I use it for small lakes in
the Eastern Sierra's of Calif.

Can someone recommend a "correct" size trolling motor for this handsome
craft?

Thanks...Dan

Dan wrote:
I have a 8 foot Quicksilver Airdeck inflatable. I use it for small lakes in
the Eastern Sierra's of Calif.

Can someone recommend a "correct" size trolling motor for this handsome
craft?

Thanks...Dan

The model 240 (7'11") is rated for 6 hp and the model 270 (8'9") is
rated for 10 hp.
Senior Member

On Jan 4, 5:14*pm, "Dan" wrote:
I have a 8 foot Quicksilver Airdeck inflatable. I use it for small lakes in
the Eastern Sierra's of Calif.

Can someone recommend a "correct" size trolling motor for this handsome
craft?

Thanks...Dan

If it is a soft bottom with a trolling attachment the smaller the
better. Hull speed is hull speed, and I bet dollars to donughts that
thing will not go over 4 knots not with a 2 horse, not with an 8 horse
or even a 50 Get the smallest 1.5 - 2 horse if you are going with
gas, you still will not be able to go above maybe 50-60% throttle
without swamping or folding up the vessel. If you are going to get an
electric, buy a smallish one 20 pound thrust will give you more than
enough thrust to achieve hull speed, anything more will just be
wasted...

My first motor boat was a 12 foot seveylor with soft directional
bottom. With a plywood insert to stiffen the bottom we got it up to
maybe 5 knots, but again, hull speed is hullspeed.

Anyway, don't waste to much money on it, as soon as you get a taste,
you will trade up anyway
Dan Dan is offline

"Dan" wrote in message
I have a 8 foot Quicksilver Airdeck inflatable. I use it for small lakes in
the Eastern Sierra's of Calif.

Can someone recommend a "correct" size trolling motor for this handsome
craft?

Thanks...Dan

Gemts,

I should have been more clear. I want to get rid of the 2 stroke and switch
to an electric trolling motor.

Dan