Default And after the trip...

had my brand new F-150 Lariat Special Edition towed back from
Greenville RI to the dealer in Webster, MA because...

The brakes failed - as in F A I L E D - causing me to avoid a massive
collision by jumping a curb and heading into the pucker brush.

Then, to add insult to injury, when I restarted the engine after it
stalled out, a horrendous noise and oil smoke started to pour out from
under the hood. Brand new engine to boot.

In a nut shell, this truck is a piece of s##t. This is the sixth
major failure in 20 thousand miles.

No, I'm not buying a Toyota so don't even suggest it.

I am looking at GMC though.

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 00:06:52 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

had my brand new F-150 Lariat Special Edition towed back from
Greenville RI to the dealer in Webster, MA because...

The brakes failed - as in F A I L E D - causing me to avoid a massive
collision by jumping a curb and heading into the pucker brush.

Then, to add insult to injury, when I restarted the engine after it
stalled out, a horrendous noise and oil smoke started to pour out from
under the hood. Brand new engine to boot.

In a nut shell, this truck is a piece of s##t. This is the sixth
major failure in 20 thousand miles.

No, I'm not buying a Toyota so don't even suggest it.

I am looking at GMC though.

I liked mine and have already told the nephew I've got first dibs when he
gets ready to sell or trade it. He agrees.
HK HK is offline

JimH wrote:
had my brand new F-150 Lariat Special Edition towed back from
Greenville RI to the dealer in Webster, MA because...

The brakes failed - as in F A I L E D - causing me to avoid a massive
collision by jumping a curb and heading into the pucker brush.

Then, to add insult to injury, when I restarted the engine after it
stalled out, a horrendous noise and oil smoke started to pour out from
under the hood. Brand new engine to boot.

In a nut shell, this truck is a piece of s##t. This is the sixth
major failure in 20 thousand miles.

Sounds like operator error to me.

Ever consider a bicycle? ;-)

That requires balance.
Tricycle...

http://tinyurl.com/2ook2l

--
George W. Bush - the 43rd Best President Ever!

had my brand new F-150 Lariat Special Edition towed back from
Greenville RI to the dealer in Webster, MA because...

The brakes failed - as in F A I L E D - causing me to avoid a massive
collision by jumping a curb and heading into the pucker brush.

Then, to add insult to injury, when I restarted the engine after it
stalled out, a horrendous noise and oil smoke started to pour out from
under the hood. Brand new engine to boot.

In a nut shell, this truck is a piece of s##t. This is the sixth
major failure in 20 thousand miles.

No, I'm not buying a Toyota so don't even suggest it.

I am looking at GMC though.

*Courtesy of Consumer Reports...*
Ratings Full-sized pickups

The Ratings rank vehicles on how well they scored in our tests,
regardless of price or reliability. Recommended models () tested well, have
shown average or better reliability, and performed adequately if
crash-tested or included in a government rollover test.

indicates Quick Pick.
Excellent Very good Good Fair Poor

Quick Picks Make & model In this issue Overall road-test score Price
as tested Predicted reliability

FULL-SIZED CREW-CAB PICKUPS

Chevrolet Avalanche LT (5.3)
73. $46,560 new
Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD (5.7)
. 69. 34,738
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 (5.3)
. 65. 37,235 new
Nissan Titan SE (5.6)
62. 36,520
Ford F-150 XLT (5.4)
. 52. 36,705
Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (5.7)
. 48. 38,370
HEAVY-DUTY DIESEL PICKUPS

Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ (6.6)
. 57. 50,149 new
Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie (6.7)
. 38. 50,070
Ford F-250 Lariat (6.4)
. 37. 50,735 new

On Dec 27, 4:06�pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
had my brand new F-150 Lariat Special Edition towed back from
Greenville RI to the dealer in Webster, MA because...

The brakes failed - as in F A I L E D - causing me to avoid a massive
collision by jumping a curb and heading into the pucker brush.

Then, to add insult to injury, when I restarted the engine after it
stalled out, a horrendous noise and oil smoke started to pour out from
under the hood. �Brand new engine to boot.

In a nut shell, this truck is a piece of s##t. �This is the sixth
major failure in 20 thousand miles.

No, I'm not buying a Toyota so don't even suggest it.

I am looking at GMC though.

How to pick your next truck, (boat, car, RV, etc).

Visit the dealership, but *don't* head into the showroom. Instead, go
around back and see what's going on in the repair shop. Odds are that
regardless of brand name, you'll find one or two major engine
overhauls in progress, some tranny work, and no need to mention
brakes, steering, ignition tunes, emissions work etc. The owners of
the vehicles undergoing the most total and complete repairs will be
quick to tell you that their Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, or what-not
is a giant POS (!).
So, begin by identifying the brand that doesn't require any repairs
after sale.

Should you be unsuccessful in finding any brand of vehicle or vessel
that is exempt from breakdown and repair, then it's down to choosing
the one you like the most and figuring out how to get a good deal. :-)

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote in
:

No, I'm not buying a Toyota so don't even suggest it.

I am looking at GMC though.

GM? Why swap one piece of **** for another?

Quit wavin the flag and buy what's BEST for YOU not American Corporations.
GM's truck isn't made in USA, no more than Ford's is....

AS much of the Toyota is made in USA as the GMC.

Larry
--
I worked hard under Social Security since I was 12.
My SS retirement check is one oz of gold per month.

On Dec 27, 7:06*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
had my brand new F-150 Lariat Special Edition towed back from
Greenville RI to the dealer in Webster, MA because...

The brakes failed - as in F A I L E D - causing me to avoid a massive
collision by jumping a curb and heading into the pucker brush.

Then, to add insult to injury, when I restarted the engine after it
stalled out, a horrendous noise and oil smoke started to pour out from
under the hood. *Brand new engine to boot.

In a nut shell, this truck is a piece of s##t. *This is the sixth
major failure in 20 thousand miles.

No, I'm not buying a Toyota so don't even suggest it.

I am looking at GMC though.

I load cars for a living on trucks, and we've had 1 Expedition almost
go off over the front due to brake failure.
Something is going wrong with the Ford brakes. I, personally have had
the brakes feel REAL spongy in the Fords, and almost lost one myself.
We have to make sure the dam things work before we can load em'
now.Fords DO have the best frames...IMO
GMCs have the flimsiest frames I've ever seen. Stronach makes em right
here in the town Im in, and they (Stronach) also own the Temp Service
that staffs the plant. Talk about the rich "double-dipping". I have
distorted the tie-down holes on several units just from cranking the
chain tight.
Wanna know whats good and bad...ask me. We dont haul them all (the
real high end stuff) but handle all the domestics.You should see the
****ty undercoating jobs on the YJ Jeeps. I'd never buy one.

Sounds like operator error to me.

Ever consider a bicycle? *;-)

Thats a sad ****ing thing to say.

I guess the Pharmacy hasnt delivered your Meds yet...

had my brand new F-150 Lariat Special Edition towed back from
Greenville RI to the dealer in Webster, MA because...

The brakes failed - as in F A I L E D - causing me to avoid a massive
collision by jumping a curb and heading into the pucker brush.

Then, to add insult to injury, when I restarted the engine after it
stalled out, a horrendous noise and oil smoke started to pour out from
under the hood. Brand new engine to boot.

In a nut shell, this truck is a piece of s##t. This is the sixth
major failure in 20 thousand miles.

That sucks big time. Ford owes you a brand new truck or a full refund ....
your choice.

Eisboch