Default For you smart audiophiles...

On Dec 29, 9:29*pm, Dan wrote:
HK wrote:
Larry wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in
om:
Bitty Bose speaker systems may be crap, but the ol' Doc has done
pretty well:

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/compa...poration-Compa
ny-History.html

Eisboch

Hey, these same people buying Bose are buying Apple iPhones, which are
also crap.

Larry

All I want from a cellphone is a strong signal wherever I am, long
battery life, a volume control that provides plenty of gain so I can
hear what is being said in noisy places, and a way to easily store and
retrieve the phone numbers I call. I don't want no steeeenking camera,
video games, internet access or instant messaging, or any of the other
crap. Concentrate on the damned phone as a phone, dammit.

Who asked for your opinion, Harry? *No one? *That should tell you something.- Hide quoted text -

Who asked YOUR opinion, RBFB?

wrote in message
On Dec 30, 2:11 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"JG2U" wrote in message

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 09:19:31 -0500, "Gene Kearns"
wrote:

On 12/29/2007 6:23:54 PM, JG2U wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:09:42 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

Only for the pansy stuff. I did the boilers.

--Vic

Yeah? Can you weld? I need someone to give me some pointers on MIG
welding.

Let me know if you need any help. Welding is one of the subjects that I
teach.

Let me restate what another poster said. GET A GOOD WELDING HELMET. You
can actually "sun burn" yourself with MIG. The last things you want to
try
tan are your eyes...

Thanks, Gene. Of course I do want to protect my eyes. I had read
several positive "reviews" for the auto-darkening helmet that Northern
Tool sells for about $50, so I bought one. The pro welder that I
talked to said that helmet would be OK, but for me to be aware that
the way they usually fail is for the lense to gradually get lighter,
so it sneaks up on you. He did say that his $250 helmets do the same
thing, they are just more comfortable and physically hold up better to
heavy use.

The cheap helmets take a long time to darken. Up to a 1/4 second on some.
My Tilman does in in about 1/25,000 of a second.- Hide quoted text -

Bull.

Bull yourself. Is oen of the reasons the costs are different. Use the
HArbor Freight helmet and you will have sore eyes after a short time. Both
protect from the UV as that is in the glass itself, but the darkening is the
key to comfortable eyes. Something else you know nothing about.

wrote:

[...]

I'll tell ya ...

I've been a very occasional and totally amateur welder for many years, TIG
(my "specialty" and MIG). Having experienced a "flash" many years ago, the
last thing I'd rely on is auto darkening helmets.

Eisboch (still can imagine the feeling of sand in my eyes)

Dan Dan is offline

wrote:
On Dec 29, 9:29 pm, Dan wrote:
HK wrote:
Larry wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in
:
[...]

Care to expand on that Sally? In detail?

OT Maybe you're not as smart as you think you are? Gregory Hall ASA 1 July 13th 07 05:53 PM
Smart pig Scott Vernon ASA 2 February 3rd 05 08:57 PM
O.T. Any audiophiles here? scottht General 13 November 4th 03 01:59 AM
How Smart are you? Capt.American ASA 2 July 13th 03 07:45 PM