Default Interested in starting your own worm farm or Catoba Worm Farm

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:47:29 -0800 (PST), millard63
wrote:

On Dec 22, 7:18*am, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
On Dec 21, 11:18 pm, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.comIfyoure interested in starting your
own worm farm, or intersted in Catabo Worms check out this link
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com. Please feel free to give any advice
on how I should go about starting out my new Catoba Worm Farm, and if
the people in this group think this is a good ideahttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com
Check the link out the find out my plans, and or if youre intersted in
starting your own worm farm. *Theres a lot of money to be made in
worms, inparticulary Catoba Wormshttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com
Finally, work suitable for retired Army colonels.

yes opening a Catoba Worm farm would definately be different and very
potentially profitable. *Think if you managed to get a Contract with
Wal-mart for Catoba Worms.....and so many boxes *Delivered. *Yes I
would say it would be a good thing for you.

\
They'd have to be Chinese worms.- Hide quoted text -

why, do chinese have catoba worms?

What the heel is a catoba worm?

wrote:

On Dec 22, 7:18*am, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
On Dec 21, 11:18 pm, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
[...]

I just now wasted 10 minutes of what little life I have remaining trying to
find the answer to that question. Google was not my friend. I think it's a
made up term.
--
John H

wrote:

On Dec 22, 7:18*am, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
On Dec 21, 11:18 pm, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
[...]

John H- Hide quoted text -

wrote:
On Dec 22, 7:18*am, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
On Dec 21, 11:18 pm, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
[...]

What the heel is a catoba worm?- Hide quoted text -

catoba worms grow on catoba trees, it's funny looking long green and
black worm that looks like it has a stinger on it tail(but it's not
it's harmless)....I used to be afraid of them, many fishermen fish
with catoba worms if they can find someone with a catoba worm tree,
You probably havent herd of them because no one has taken the effort
to start a catoba worm farm. I am pretty sure but not totally sure
but I think they are often found in Tobacco fields as well.

On Sun, 23 Dec 07, millard63 wrote:
many fishermen fish
with catoba worms if they can find someone with a catoba worm tree

Mine seem to just sprout out of the ground and, if I don't run 'em
over with a mower, they grow into a bushy looking tree about 8'-10'
tall. I've never tried planting one myself but I've given seeds to
people that say they can use them. The seeds are in pods like a string
bean only bigger. Should be simple enough to just poke 'em in the
ground, stand back, and voila!

Rick

On Dec 23, 12:37*pm, wrote:
On Sun, 23 Dec 07, millard63 wrote:
many fishermen fish
with catoba worms if they can find someone with a catoba worm tree

Mine seem to just sprout out of the ground and, if I don't run 'em
over with a mower, they grow into a bushy looking tree about 8'-10'
tall. I've never tried planting one myself but I've given seeds to
people that say they can use them. The seeds are in pods like a string
bean only bigger. Should be simple enough to just poke 'em in the
ground, stand back, and voila!

Rick

I suer would be intersted in maybe getting some of those catoba-worms
as the name suggest the spelling or catawba-worm seeds as it is
correctly called. Here are two links I put up both spelled
differently
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com or http://catawba-worms.blogspot.com

millard63 wrote:
I suer would be intersted in maybe getting some of those catoba-worms
as the name suggest the spelling or catawba-worm seeds as it is
correctly called. Here are two links I put up both spelled
differently
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com or http://catawba-worms.blogspot.com

I've heard of Catawba worms/trees my entire life but I don't think
I've ever seen it written down. And I'm from the Deep South so you
can't always go by the way things sound around here lol! But Catawba
looks the way it sounds, or with a mush mouth, maybe Catawpa. Emphasis
on the "aw".

If I recall, the seed pods develop in the summer. So if I can
remember, I'll mail you some.

Rick

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 06:14:39 -0600, lid wrote:

millard63 wrote:
I suer would be intersted in maybe getting some of those catoba-worms
as the name suggest the spelling or catawba-worm seeds as it is
correctly called. Here are two links I put up both spelled
differently
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com or http://catawba-worms.blogspot.com

I've heard of Catawba worms/trees my entire life but I don't think
I've ever seen it written down. And I'm from the Deep South so you
can't always go by the way things sound around here lol! But Catawba
looks the way it sounds, or with a mush mouth, maybe Catawpa. Emphasis
on the "aw".

If I recall, the seed pods develop in the summer. So if I can
remember, I'll mail you some.

I have a piece of property that has about 60 of these damn trees -
major PIA.

He wants seed pods, I'll send him enough to start a damn forest. :)
Tim Tim is offline

On Dec 24, 10:56*am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 06:14:39 -0600, wrote:
millard63 wrote:
I suer would be intersted in maybe getting some of those catoba-worms
as the name suggest the spelling or catawba-worm seeds as it is
correctly called. *Here are two links I put up both spelled
differently
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com* or *http://catawba-worms.blogspot.com

I've heard of Catawba worms/trees my entire life but I don't think
I've ever seen it written down. And I'm from the Deep South so you
can't always go by the way things sound around here lol! But Catawba
looks the way it sounds, or with a mush mouth, maybe Catawpa. Emphasis
on the "aw".

If I recall, the seed pods develop in the summer. So if I can
remember, I'll mail you some.

I have a piece of property that has about 60 of these damn trees -
major PIA.

He wants seed pods, I'll send him enough to start a damn forest. :)- Hide quoted text -

catalpa worms?

http://www.ag.auburn.edu/enpl/bullet...alpasphinx.htm

Tom you're right, they ARE a PITA!, they grow up faster'n maples, and
aren't good for much of anything modern.

Yeah, ship him enough to make a forest. i jsut cut down about 30 in my
dad's back yard , they were taking a good hold.

millard63 wrote:
[...]

please do, I would love to have some of the pod seeds...