Default Anyone got a docking thing for an iPod?

Like this:
http://www.alteclansing.com/index.ph...iproduct_id=64

or:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/iHome...oductDetail.do

The heir to my fortune and empire is apparently enamored of these toys.
Interested in feedback if you've got something like this. I think it's a
mistake and that a guy should have an actual stereo system, even if this
means getting rid of his roommate to make space in the dorm room. The prince
doesn't agree.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:25:52 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Like this:
http://www.alteclansing.com/index.ph...iproduct_id=64

or:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/iHome...oductDetail.do

The heir to my fortune and empire is apparently enamored of these toys.
Interested in feedback if you've got something like this. I think it's a
mistake and that a guy should have an actual stereo system, even if this
means getting rid of his roommate to make space in the dorm room. The prince
doesn't agree.

Remember when these were cool?

http://tinyurl.com/yo4rz3

Would he be satisfied with one?
--
John H

On Dec 19, 12:25 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
Like this:http://www.alteclansing.com/index.ph...t_detail&iprod...

or:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/iHome...or-iPod-Silver...

The heir to my fortune and empire is apparently enamored of these toys.
Interested in feedback if you've got something like this. I think it's a
mistake and that a guy should have an actual stereo system, even if this
means getting rid of his roommate to make space in the dorm room. The prince
doesn't agree.

My DIL has the iHome clock radio from Circuit City. It sounds really
nice, has some pretty cool features. I'll bet he'll like it alot.

wrote in message
On Dec 19, 12:25 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
Like
this:http://www.alteclansing.com/index.ph...t_detail&iprod...

or:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/iHome...or-iPod-Silver...

The heir to my fortune and empire is apparently enamored of these toys.
Interested in feedback if you've got something like this. I think it's a
mistake and that a guy should have an actual stereo system, even if this
means getting rid of his roommate to make space in the dorm room. The
prince
doesn't agree.

My DIL has the iHome clock radio from Circuit City. It sounds really
nice, has some pretty cool features. I'll bet he'll like it alot.

OK....I saw some other good reviews for that one. I'm also looking at an
Altec Lansing unit that's supposedly has better bass response than the
iHome, based on just one iHome review in which the user bemoaned the lack of
bass. He could've been deaf, though.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:19:24 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

FWIW, most of us near deaf people suffer from high frequency loss, which
means most music sounds like it has too much bass, 'cause we can't hear the
treble.
--
John H

On Dec 19, 1:19 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

bass. He could've been deaf, though.- Hide quoted text -

In my opinion, having only heard the thing for an hour or so, seems
the bass is not bad. It isn't the earth shaking amplified crap you
hear coming from cars with a trunk full of amps and speakers, with the
windows rattling! What I really like about it is there's a lot of
simple pleasures, like the ability to use the alarm function with a
certain song on the playlist, etc.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
Like this:
http://www.alteclansing.com/index.ph...iproduct_id=64

or:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/iHome...oductDetail.do

The heir to my fortune and empire is apparently enamored of these toys.
Interested in feedback if you've got something like this. I think it's a
mistake and that a guy should have an actual stereo system, even if this
means getting rid of his roommate to make space in the dorm room. The
prince doesn't agree.

The 'kids' are hoked on the iPods or reasonable facimilie.
No point fighting it.
My son has had one for a couple of years , and asked for a new model this
Christmas. Of course his mom ran right out and plopped down $400.00 + taxes
for it.
It was a lot cheaper back in the days of the old 45s.

"Don White" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
Like this:
http://www.alteclansing.com/index.ph...iproduct_id=64

or:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/iHome...oductDetail.do

The heir to my fortune and empire is apparently enamored of these toys.
Interested in feedback if you've got something like this. I think it's a
mistake and that a guy should have an actual stereo system, even if this
means getting rid of his roommate to make space in the dorm room. The
prince doesn't agree.

The 'kids' are hoked on the iPods or reasonable facimilie.
No point fighting it.
My son has had one for a couple of years , and asked for a new model this
Christmas. Of course his mom ran right out and plopped down $400.00 +
taxes for it.
It was a lot cheaper back in the days of the old 45s.

If we eliminate HD radio from the discussion for the moment, an iPod is
probably no worse than listening to FM radio, which munges up the music to
an extent. My son's at least using music files pulled directly from CDs for
the most part, without any compression that he's applied. So, at least he's
not at the mercy of radio stations. But then, he's listening with earbuds,
which suck, according to my ears. I offered to get him a set of nice
Sennheiser 400-series open air headphones, but he's not interested.

He's always right, ya know?

On Dec 19, 2:28 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

[...]

He's always right, ya know?- Hide quoted text -

How can he be always right? My 8 year old son and 12 year old daughter
are both always right. So if three people are always right, that means
they'd have to agree on everything, and that's impossible. My two
can't even agree on what to have for supper!

"Don White" wrote in message

[...]

As of August, my son said Dave Brubeck was a snore. Last week, he said Dave
Brubeck was god. It's amazing how much Brubeck changed since August.