Default Whoa - this is someting cool...

About fifteen years ago or thereabouts, I was working with some
medical researchers using medical modeling computations. At lunch one
day, I was chatting with one of those Dr. Dr. Dr. types - MD, PhD,
J.D. - medical ethics was her speciality.

She told me flat out that the major problem facing the medical
profession was what to do when they finally figured out how to solve
the worst of all medical conditions. She felt that if anybody managed
to make it to 2015, they would live to be at least 200 YO.

I was just reading about this:

http://news.rpi.edu/update.do?artcen...tappvar=page(1)

That time is getting closer and closer. :)

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:14:21 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

About fifteen years ago or thereabouts, I was working with some
medical researchers using medical modeling computations. At lunch one
day, I was chatting with one of those Dr. Dr. Dr. types - MD, PhD,
J.D. - medical ethics was her speciality.

She told me flat out that the major problem facing the medical
profession was what to do when they finally figured out how to solve
the worst of all medical conditions. She felt that if anybody managed
to make it to 2015, they would live to be at least 200 YO.

I was just reading about this:

http://news.rpi.edu/update.do?artcen...tappvar=page(1)

That time is getting closer and closer. :)

This one might work a little better.

http://tinyurl.com/2v8qmk

Imagine how many people would be on this earth if everyone lived for 200
years. I don't think I'd want to be here.
--
John H

wrote:

[...]

Be long after 2015 before that one (the carbon nanotubes) makes it into
use.

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

use.- Hide quoted text -

This thread calls for some Zager & Evans!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhNM2K8cmU8

wrote:

[...]

You think overcrowding is bad now, wait until 200 year lifespan. Some
really old drivers that can not see over the wheel. Baaaaaaaaa.

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote in
:

She felt that if anybody managed
to make it to 2015, they would live to be at least 200 YO.

My old friends and I have a saying on this matter.....about doctors....

"Well patients don't pay for cars and waterfront property."

Think about it.......Why would any doctor in his right mind ever want to
CURE the sick goose laying the golden insurance eggs? They get paid even
when the patient dies!.....no money back guarantee. I'm still getting
bills from the ******* that turned my father into a hypocondriac for 15
years. He died 2 years ago!

Larry
--
QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
"I have been to several major Chinese cities and have seen first hand shops

How can they be fake? The Chinese make all "American Products" I use!

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 04:46:47 +0000, Larry wrote:

Why would any doctor in his right mind ever want to
CURE the sick goose laying the golden insurance eggs?

Moron...

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:25:41 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Tim, you are one lucky boy! I was going to call you and tell you how much I
enjoyed this, but I couldn't find your phone number. I knew you'd be up at
6:30!
--
John H
Tim Tim is offline

On Dec 20, 6:10 am, John H. wrote:
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:25:41 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:
On Dec 19, 2:19 pm, "Del Cecchi"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

John H- Hide quoted text -

Wel,, almost 6:30...

LOL!

whoa! KenJr General 3 May 23rd 06 10:34 PM
Whoa There Race Boy.... Capt. Mooron ASA 107 July 25th 04 01:25 AM
Whoa Nutsy, Time Out!! Thom Stewart ASA 0 November 9th 03 08:16 PM
How COOL is That..... Scott Vernon ASA 1 August 23rd 03 12:26 AM