Capt. Mooron

Default Whoa There Race Boy....

Heh Loco..... slap some sun block on that thin skin..... here is a
comparision between my Crab Crusher and your "Racer/Cruiser"!!

Ha Ha Ha Ha.....

Performance Comparison LOA Express 30 30

Nordica 30 29.49

LWL Express 30 24.5

Nordica 30 25

Beam Express 30 10

Nordica 30 9.77

Displacement Express 30 8200

Nordica 30 10220

Sail Area Express 30 472

Nordica 30 502

Capsize Ratio Express 30 1.98

Nordica 30 1.8

Hull Speed Express 30 6.63

Nordica 30 6.7

Sail Area to Displacement Express 30 18.57

Nordica 30 17.06

Displacement to LWL Express 30 249

Nordica 30 292

LWL to Beam Express 30 2.45

Nordica 30 2.56

Motion Comfort Express 30 22.39

Nordica 30 28.57

Pounds/Inch Express 30 875

Nordica 30 873

SAIL LOCO

So what's your point? The real difference is my boat goes out. Crab crusher
drivers just hang out at the marina talking about their someday cruise to
Tahiti with the new steering vane driving.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"
Thom Stewart

Hey "Mooron of the North"

Take a look at the total weigth, 2000#!! That my "Artic Friend" is what
makes your Nordic a Crab Cruncher and the Express a R/C

Interesting Post though.

Ole Thom

Capt. Mooron

Marina??? Marina!!!!!

Bwahahahahahahahaa..... my boat is to a mooring. I don't do 'marina' there
ducky. Do try and pay attention would you.

So you consider sailing around a set of buoys 3 times a week for an hour at
a time as "going out"??
That's just so lame..... especially seeing that you spend inordinately more
time talking sail than actually sailing.

My Crab Crusher can kick your boat's ass!
Overproof is not only faster than your round the buoy fin keeled scow...
it's built better as well.

Marina!! Bwahahahahahaaa.... what a Dock-Side Diva you turned out to be.

Come on Loco..... you have to have better ammo than this... or have I taxed
your wit in so short a time? ;-)

CM

"SAIL LOCO" wrote in message
| So what's your point? The real difference is my boat goes out. Crab
crusher
| drivers just hang out at the marina talking about their someday cruise to
| Tahiti with the new steering vane driving.
| S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
| "No shirt, no skirt, full service"

Capt. Mooron

Yeah Thom... I'm just trying to rattle Loco's chain.... ;-)

At 292..... I'm at the border of Heavy Cruiser Class.

Fortunately for me my boat doesn't read numbers well and continues to
surpass the sum of it's numerical values. Last Saturday I passed an Irwin 38
and a Hunter 33. It takes at least 35+ feet of sail boat to offer me any
competition downwind.

CM

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
| Hey "Mooron of the North"
|
| Take a look at the total weigth, 2000#!! That my "Artic Friend" is what
| makes your Nordic a Crab Cruncher and the Express a R/C
|
| Interesting Post though.
|
| Ole Thom

Donal

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Yeah Thom... I'm just trying to rattle Loco's chain.... ;-)

At 292..... I'm at the border of Heavy Cruiser Class.

Fortunately for me my boat doesn't read numbers well and continues to
surpass the sum of it's numerical values. Last Saturday I passed an Irwin

38
and a Hunter 33. It takes at least 35+ feet of sail boat to offer me any
competition downwind.

Rubbish! My 32 footer would thrash you on any point of sail!

You'd probably stain your pants if you found yourself doing more than 12 kts
downwind.

In my humble experience, the owners of crab crushers are "all mouth and no
trousers". They choose their boats on the basis that they are incredibly
seaworthy - and then they refuse to set sail in anything more than a F4.
They never see hull speed because they are afraid to venture out in the
conditions that would enable them to do hull speed.

I, on the other hand, am the proud possessor of a boat that really *is*
able to exceed hull speed.

Regards

Donal

Capt. Mooron

"Donal" wrote in message

| Rubbish! My 32 footer would thrash you on any point of sail!

Bah!... the only part of that statement worth retaining is the "My 32
footer","thrash" & "Rubbish"
Upwind you might have a chance of keeping up....downwind you'd be lost far
behind me.

| You'd probably stain your pants if you found yourself doing more than 12
kts
| downwind.

13kts sustained average over 2 miles..... stick that in your French Fried
Fin Keeler!

| In my humble experience, the owners of crab crushers are "all mouth and no
| trousers". They choose their boats on the basis that they are incredibly
| seaworthy - and then they refuse to set sail in anything more than a F4.
| They never see hull speed because they are afraid to venture out in the
| conditions that would enable them to do hull speed.

This is obviously a situation unique to the British.... my findings
illustrate that Fin Keelers never venture far from the harbour and generally
loose not only their bravado but their bowel content when faced with a real
ocean.

| I, on the other hand, am the proud possessor of a boat that really *is*
| able to exceed hull speed.

So can most margarine containers..... when push comes to shove they flip &
fold faster than superman on laundry day!

Fin Keelers..... Pah!

CM

Scott Vernon

"Capt. Mooron" wrote ...
Last Saturday I passed an Irwin 38
and a Hunter 33.

Was the Irwin sailing upwind under bare poles?

It takes at least 35kts of wind to offer me any
movement downwind.

CM

Capt. Mooron

Aw Crap... I've offended... another thin skinned finicky fin keeler! :-D

CM
wrote:

| Fortunately for me, my boat doesn't read numbers any better than I do,l
and continues to
| surpass the sum of it's numerical values. Last Saturday I passed an Irwin
38
| and a Hunter 33 in their slips. It takes at least 35+ feet of bull**** to
better my own
| production
|
| CM

Capt. Mooron

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

| Was the Irwin sailing upwind under bare poles?

No... but it may as well have been considering the speed it was making going
downwind.

Those things look almost like a Hunter... but they seem much better built!

CM