Capt. Mooron

Default Whoa There Race Boy....

"Donal" wrote in message

| Rubbish! My 32 footer would thrash you on any point of sail!

Bah!... the only part of that statement worth retaining is the "My 32
footer","thrash" & "Rubbish"
Upwind you might have a chance of keeping up....downwind you'd be lost far
behind me.

| You'd probably stain your pants if you found yourself doing more than 12
kts
| downwind.

13kts sustained average over 2 miles..... stick that in your French Fried
Fin Keeler!

| In my humble experience, the owners of crab crushers are "all mouth and no
| trousers". They choose their boats on the basis that they are incredibly
| seaworthy - and then they refuse to set sail in anything more than a F4.
| They never see hull speed because they are afraid to venture out in the
| conditions that would enable them to do hull speed.

This is obviously a situation unique to the British.... my findings
illustrate that Fin Keelers never venture far from the harbour and generally
loose not only their bravado but their bowel content when faced with a real
ocean.

| I, on the other hand, am the proud possessor of a boat that really *is*
| able to exceed hull speed.

So can most margarine containers..... when push comes to shove they flip &
fold faster than superman on laundry day!

Fin Keelers..... Pah!

CM