Donal

Default Whoa There Race Boy....

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Yeah Thom... I'm just trying to rattle Loco's chain.... ;-)

At 292..... I'm at the border of Heavy Cruiser Class.

Fortunately for me my boat doesn't read numbers well and continues to
surpass the sum of it's numerical values. Last Saturday I passed an Irwin

38
and a Hunter 33. It takes at least 35+ feet of sail boat to offer me any
competition downwind.

Rubbish! My 32 footer would thrash you on any point of sail!

You'd probably stain your pants if you found yourself doing more than 12 kts
downwind.

In my humble experience, the owners of crab crushers are "all mouth and no
trousers". They choose their boats on the basis that they are incredibly
seaworthy - and then they refuse to set sail in anything more than a F4.
They never see hull speed because they are afraid to venture out in the
conditions that would enable them to do hull speed.

I, on the other hand, am the proud possessor of a boat that really *is*
able to exceed hull speed.

Regards

Donal